Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

flat red spots that are dry, smooth, and arent itchy?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have some serious issues going on. I have no insurance and dont know what to do. I have flat red spots that are dry, smooth, and arent itchy. They effect my stomach, back in pubic region. The are ugly. I was thinking psoriasis, but they are small, about a the size of a eraser head. I have it for about 3 months. Ive tried cortizone, moisturizers, everything....it wont go away. Please help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
Skin Answer A29873
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From the symptoms it can be anything like sweat dermatitis, contact dermatitis, eczema, viral diseases or pityraisis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash.

The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.