Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

flare ups are more painful than before...

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
Hi

Ok to start off I'm 24 years old and was diagnosed with gout almost 4 years ago. I haven't had a flare up in the last year. Well last night i had a really really really bad flare up. To the point i was almost in tears it hurt so much. Well i went to bed and when i woke up it was somewhat better. Then around lunch time the same effects hit me again. I'm not the most healthy eating person but I try and stay away from the food that noticeably caused my flare ups. I have two questions:
1. Is there any thing i can do to keep the swelling and pain down during a flare up?
2. What would cause my flare ups to be so much more painful then before?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply