Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Flaky, Scabby, Rough Mole

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi all. I am 17 and recently a very small mole on my upper leg has scabbed over and become rough. I noticed this about 4 days ago and it still has not gone away. It does not itch or hurt or bleed and does not exhibit any of the other skin cancer features (such as it is small - about 3 mm, has not grown, or changed color.) however it is very dark. I have naturally darker skin with brown eyes and brown hair and my family doesnt have a history of skin cancer. I am a lifeguard so im in the sun quite a bit, but never get burned (because of my dark skin) I guess im wondering if this is something i should be concerned about.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2012
Now its about to fall off. HELP!!! I dont know what to do. I have an appointment scheduled with my dermatologist but now there is not mole. It was deffinitly a mole, ive had it since i was younger. The Derm is going to look at me like i am a pyscho!!! has this ever happened to anyone else?
|
Did you find this post helpful?