Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Fizzy urine

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Confused:

Does anyone know what makes urine fizzy?
The fizzy urine also seems to form long-ish streaks of clumped together fizz. A bit like a pattern in the bowl. I can hear the fizz, and am quite concerned what could make this happen. I don't have any fizzy drinks, and my diet is fairly bland & not fancy, no sauces, condiments etc. I have small portions of potatoes, vegetables & very small amounts of lean meat. I don't have desserts of any type, or sweet drinks, or foods.
I do get hot & cold sweats, with no apparent cause.

Some information would be very helpful to me, if anyone is out there & can help, please. I don't know what to put in a search of the internet, or what to look up in a book.

Am I very odd, or do other people have this problem, too?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2011
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

From the description here, it seems that you might be having protienuria.

Proteinuria is a common finding in adults in primary care practice. Nearly 17% of normal adults have been found to have trace proteinuria. Benign causes include fever, intense activity or exercise, dehydration, emotional stress and acute illness.

You might undergo the following tests to have a clear view, and also to rule out other abnormal conditions affecting the kidney.

1. Complete urinalysis
2. 24 hour urine protein analysis and
3. Urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio (UACR) analysis.

In case all the above tests are normal, then there is no need to worry at all.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.