Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Fishy Penis Odour

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I'm 16, a virgin, but do masturbate, quite a lot at the moment.

I bath one day and wash the next, then just alternate that, bath, wash, bath wash etc...

I eat a good amount of vegetables, have one take-away a week, I'm a little overweight but sorting that with the gym once a week.

It's just my penis smells funny, like a mellow fishiness, it goes away the less I masturbate, but that's kinda hard to resist right now, lol.

I keep up hygiene well and clean very well, but as soon as I masturbate the come itself smells horrid and the day after like even an hour or 2 after a bath it smells again, if I don't do it for 2 days or so after that then the smell pretty much disappears but as soon as I maturbate again the come reeks and the smell comes back to the penis...

...it's kinda annoying, cause I've got a chance to see the girl I really like in a month's time, I'm not assuming anything, but if anything happens and we were to have sex then I don't want a smelly member, especially for a first time. Sad

Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2009
Hmmm?
First thing is first, are you circumcised? Most men have that odor from the extra skin on their penis. Especially uncircumcised men. If you are then you should see a doc. It's normal for your body to react to certain pathogens in your body. It could possibly be an infection.
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Nope, not circumsised. Smile
|

replied March 7th, 2009
Well hun, you may have found your problem!
|

replied August 16th, 2009
pull back your foreskin and clean it with antibacterial hand soap with a wash rag while showerin.

take care of that thing, and it'll take care of u.

good luck with the girl.
|

replied August 17th, 2009
Community Volunteer
A couple of things.
First Cum smells horrid as you put it. I think most will
agree unless they have a fetish. Im sure even the ladies
on here will agree.

I think your problem is your cleaning technique.
Its not about how much you wash with soap its all about
rinsing with fresh water after you have cleaned.
make sure you use plenty of water to wash all soap away.
If you leave soap under the skin it can become smelly.
Also make sure you clean after you have been playing with yourself.
|

replied August 19th, 2009
Experienced User
also wash everyday not just sit in a bath without washing
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You also may have a yeast infection. Many people don't know that men can get these, too, even if they haven't had any sexual contact. I would get some over-the-counter anti-fungal cream for yeast infections (make sure it's the cream and not the capsules). Follow the directions as to how often and how long to apply it (get the 7 or 10 day treatment one). Just rub it around and under your foreskin.

If it is still going on when you are done with the treatment, you should see your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on.

Also, if you are too embarrassed to go to the pharmacy and buy the cream, you can order it from an online drug store and have it shipped to your house.

P.S. If and when you do decide to have sex, make sure to always use a condom.
|