Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

fishy , foul or sour milk's odour...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I'm 20 years old and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend , I took emergency contraceptive i-pills within the 24 hours we had sex ! But from the next day I took the i-pill dose , I'm having a different vaginal discharge which for the first two days seemed to be like milk coming out of my vagina , the amount was the usual much that happens during ovulation but it was very milky and not thick at all ! This is the third day and now it has a bad odour which I can't categorize whether fishy , foul or sour milk's odour and it has got thicker , pls help me !

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A34109
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The increase in vaginal discharge could be due to high dosage of hormones contained in ECP. The altered smell, color, consistency of vaginal discharge could indicate vaginal infection. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and vaginal swab/smear test to confirm/rule out infective cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. If infective cause gets detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important that you get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Avoid sexual contact/intercourse while being on treatment. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area, and keep the area clean and dry. If you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider getting started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods). Avoid unprotected sexual contact within 2-3 weeks of getting started on hormonal contraceptive (as most of the hormonal contraceptives start giving you effective protection after 2-3 weeks). Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact if you are not ready for pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.