Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

first time hemorrhoid - please help!

So after having flu over the past few days I seem to have suddenly developed an external hemorrhoid I've never had one before, I'm 24 years old, fairly active, not at all overweight and with a healthy diet.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how long I should expect this to take before it goes away? I'm not sure if it's thrombosed or not - it is a dark blue-ish and quite firm, but it's not painful (yet), just a bit uncomfortable. I've been taking warm baths a few times a day, icing it, and using anusol. I'm also drinking a lot of water and making sure I get plenty of fibre.

From what I've been googling, people say they last anywhere from 2 days to about 3 months! It's about the size of a pea right now, and has been for the past couple of days. I'm going on a ski trip in a few weeks, and I really hope it's gone by then! Also, should I expect pain to start happening soon? or do they not always hurt?

Many thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
hey, I started developing hemorrhoids about a year ago, and they have come up about 3 times since, (internally), they have almost always gone away in about 2-3 weeks, but come back again when I stop healthy diet, when I sit way to much or when I strain when taking a s***. That's just my story, only advice I can give you is continue doing what you're doing, and if nothing gets better, go to a doctor (if you haven't already), and don't let it get you down, it's not the end of the world Smile
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
Thanks for your reply!

I think you're right, I'll keep doing what I can, and if it gets no better I'll see a doctor. I did book an appointment today, but the earliest the can fit me in is in 2 weeks! (useless NHS in the UK!). I guess if it suddenly gets really bad I can go to the ER or something.
|

replied December 10th, 2011
cure for hemeroids
I have had the same thing happened to me. It only got worse, ended up having surgery.a year later back in the same boat. I have sense cured my self. Of course all fiber and basic health stuff is very important. Here is the cure. Get a box of latex type gloves, cut or tear the fingers off. After each bowl movement and after wiping, put one of the finger from the glove on your pointer finger with a little Vaseline, and insert in rectum massageing tissue and wiping debris on a piece of toilet paper. initially you can do this several times a day until your bum returns to normal. stimulating the blood vessels and removing the trap blood from the piles will completely restore the tissue overtime. medications and creams are temporary really relief and ultimately will lead to the problem getting worse. when you feel better continue to maintenance after each bowel movement.
|