Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

First major hemorrhoid

I am 34 weeks pregnant and am having my first major hemorrhoid experience. I had a minor one about ten years ago and thought it was just a one time thing. It lasted a few days and was minimally uncomfortable. This one started eitght days ago after a stomach bug/diahrrea. It was excruciating last Monday and I could barely walk. My doctor prescribed me some suppositories and they have helped. I've been using those, tucks wipes, prep h and ice. It's still there, I am not sure it's gone down at all and while it's not as painful as it was, it's still there and uncomfortable.

How long will this discomfort last? Will it EVER shrink? Please give me some encouragement!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi claudiagirl and welcome to ehealth: They can be miserable...The fact that you are pregnant adds to this problem...I know, I had them too...Try sitting in a sitz bath a couple times a day...When you do this try pulling the cheeks of your anus apart so that the water can soothe them...You are right that ice can feel good, but I think you might enjoy the baths...Good luck and enjoy that new baby....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?