Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Firm white lumps on scrotum (Page 1)

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Honestly, I am very worried. I am only 16 years old and I have several lumps on my scrotum. The smallest are very small, almost like white specks, while the largest are about 1/4 inch in diameter! They DO protrude from the skin and I am sure that they are not inflamed hair follicles. I dont feel anything when I put pressure on them and they do not "pop" nor do they move under the skin or change shape. I am very worried as I have about 2 large ones, and a new one (unless I didnt notice it somehow) has just shown up. The new one is quite red around the perimeter, however it too is a very pearly white. I am a virgin and do not share drinks with anyone, so I am pretty sure this cant be an STD. Please help!

And I am very reluctant to go to the doctor about this, so please refrain from only giving me the advice to visit the doctor.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bleheh
|

replied June 30th, 2008
I have the exact same problem, but I seem to have more of them.

I am 18 years old and have had them for about 2-3 years, since before I had any sexual experiences.

I have noticed that sometimes they do pop, but only after a long while or after repeatedly applying pressure for a long time. The smaller ones seem to pop more easily.

After doing some research on the internet I'm about 65% certain that it's nothing bad, but just a kind of zit.

Edit: in another thread on this forum someone replied that they are sebaceous cysts.
The description seems pretty similar and one of the possible causes is excessive testosterone production, which is what happens during puberty of course.
|

replied April 6th, 2012
I'm 16 and have the same problem. they are very small and have never coused any problems but I am still concerned on what I should do
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
Most likely they are Fordyce's spots, its nothing harmful and is genetic!
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Bumps on my Scrotum.
I am 13 years of age and I have bomps on my penis. I am scared to ask my dad about them because I dont want him to make fun of me. I need a cure because I want to have sex without feeling like my girlfriend is scared. Anyone one help me just take 5 mins and email me becuase I am scared and I cry about 7 times a month about this. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
|

replied May 24th, 2013
Hey, if you're worried your dad will make fun of you, tell a family member that you need to talk to a doctor about an issue you can't discuss with anyone else. You're also kind of young to be having sex, but if you do, use a condom and be respectful
|

replied August 5th, 2013
Hey mate im 13 as well. Nothing to worry about, i searched it up. Ive got them too, im pretty sure its genetic.ive also got similar things in my arms and upper legs.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Wikipedia answer
Another common and effective method of treatment involves placement of a heat-pad directly on the cyst for about fifteen minutes, twice daily, for about 10 days (depending on size and location of the cyst). There is some anecdotal evidence however that this home remedy can lead to infection in a previously uninfected cyst. This may be caused by an over-heated or non-sterile heat pad.
This method works by bringing the wax-like material inside of the cyst to a temperature at which it melts, and can be reabsorbed and processed by the body, as a small amount of oily fluid. This method is preferred over surgery both for reasons of associated costs and risks of surgery. This methodology is not applicable for non-sebaceous cysts, however, as other varieties of cysts do not contain the same hardened sebum deposits, and therefore do not melt to be reabsorbed by the body.
Under no circumstances must one try to pop the cyst, as it can lead to infection of the surrounding tissue.

I am 16 and also have this problem. I have researched for a while now, and I think this is the best advise. I plan to start tonight and will reply if it works in 10 days.
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Bump on scrotum
hi i am a 16 year old male and havent had sex (except for i have fingerd my girlfriend and she has givin me a handjob once but we inmediatly washd hands afterword) i have this white lump growing on my scrotum (bottom closet part to anus) i have had this for about a week and at first i could pop it like a zit but it would be painfull afterword... i decided to stop trying to pop it and within a couple days it has grown to about the size of a odd shaped dime, it is white and semi hard and hurts when presure is aplied (which is usually when i walk) i wear baggy clothes (cargo pants) and i do masturbate about every 2 or 3 days..... please write me.

PLEASE RESPOND AND EMAIL ME THNKS EVERYONE FOR HELP

additional info: i have change my soap to dove from irish springs (i have a condition called pityriesis rosea on my uper body and am supossed to use that soap i also got my tetnis booster 4 days ago
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Scrotum Cysts, info and advice from my doctor and my own
They are cysts. They do pop if given enough pressure and time, but doing so can also force the substance further into your scrotum, making it harder to come out. I have seen a doctor, who told me that many men get them (around 25% of men) and that they can be removed by a dermatoligst (sic) with an office visit and a local anesthetic. the doctor also said that they are mostly harmless, and will go away by themselves given enough time.

My experience has shown that with time they do not disappear, and with enough force, they WILL pop, which is a GREAT feeling to know you've gotten a cyst out of your privates. I have also gotten them to pop with the aid of a CLEAN, STERILE sewing needle inserted into the cyst to break it up a bit, and also to give it an easier route to escape. Heat and moisture help loosen the skin, open the pores, and make it much easier (try a shower or a long day at work) Some however, have eluded me for years, and I have been unable to get rid of them on my own.

They can itch, i think simply because they put pressure on the scrotum, but are NOT STDS, NOT transmittable, and NOT really a big deal. If they bother you, get them removed by a doctor, if you attempt to work on them yourself, make sure you use a clean tool, if and when you break the skin and/or draw blood, be sure you use an antibacterial cream ( i.e. neosporin) to prevent infection. A bad infection can result in you losing your NUTS if not properly managed

Moral of the story, don't freak, I had the same thoughts when i discovered them at age 16. Take care of them safely, properly, and don't make the situation worse by hastyness and ignorance about proper surgical procedures.
|

replied December 29th, 2010
im 14 and i think i have the same problem i dont kn0w if i should have but i cut a slit in it and it started bleeding this is pissing me off how do i get rid of them, oh and for me they hurt if i mess with them and itch i have one big one and one small one
|

replied January 4th, 2011
i had them for 12 years (started with them when i was like 15) and they never went away (which the doc said they would haha) I paid to have them surgically removed and all was good for 5 years now 30 years old they are coming back again..sucks but not much you can do i guess, they are harmless just a freakin nuissance and embarrasing when meeting new girls...they only way to get rid of them is surgery..it didn't hurt and was no big deal, took 20 mins it's the aftermath...took a week or two of neosporin and bandages for the stitches...but as bad as it sounds really didn't hurt.
|

replied January 8th, 2011
hard white bumps
I noticed that I was getting small 1mm dia round hard spheres under a layer of my skin on my scrotum, and the base of the shaft of my penis. They would never come to a head and pop, they are not sebaceous cysts or STD’s or sebaceous prominence. They only appeared after a month of not ejaculating. Once I started ejaculating again, they went away on their own. During the period of seminal inactivity, I found I could scrape them open with a knife and remove them with very minimal blood loss, less than a drop. However, they would not pop and they would not get worse or better, until, as I said, I began ejaculating again. During my period of seminal inactivity, I had an intense build up of semen, it was even starting to leak out. When I finally ended this period of inactivity, I was, of course, easily arouse to the point of ejaculation and when I did ejaculate, it was over 2 oz, the most I’ve ever ejaculated at one orgasm. After a few more ejaculations, I notice the white bumps started disappearing. They haven’t been back, as long as I’ve had regular ejaculations.
|

replied January 16th, 2011
white bump
I do not necessarily advise this as a solution but I have found that if you irritate the white bump by applying pressure it will seem to grow larger and red... at this point you can poke it with a needle. once this is done wait a day or to for it to get further irritated, you can kind of tell that it rises more to the surface and you can squeeze it out after.
|

replied April 20th, 2011
White lumps on scrotum that move under the skin
Eureka! I've had numerous bumps on my scrotum for years now, even before being sexually active. If your bumps are the same, they seem to be hard and move around under the skin. The smallest, newest ones pop like a zit, but the older big ones do not. They get irritated if you pick at them, and bleed if you poke them or scrape them enough.
I have eleminated these suckers! If you do this properly, you can remove each lump as one round white ball and you don't have to worry about them coming back. I never went to the doctor. I was picking at one that I irritated by trying to pop it and scraping the top skin off with my fingernails. After continued pressure and enough scraping the top of it, I left them alone for two days to scab over. Once the scab is hard, pick it off and apply pressure beneath the lump, keeping it as a ball. It will hurt and there will be blood. If you see a white head eventually protrude at the center, continue the pressure at the base beneath it, being careful not to pop it. If you do not see the white center, don't worry. Just let it alone to scab over again, and repeat the process. I promise that you will be relieved by these results, even if you doubt it at first. These lumps are whole bags of puss that pop like a zit, and they will work themselves to the surface with enough attention. I have removed seven so far that have been on my sack for at least 6 years, and it is the greatest relief. They DO come out as a whole round unit, if you are careful not to pop them, and the best thing is that you are no longer embarrassed after the remaining scab heals over. There is minimal scarring, hardly noticeable, depending upon how big the lumps are. Good luck, everyone! Let me know if you have any questions and share this information to help other.
|

replied February 10th, 2011
I have had this problem for about 14 years. I'm 26 now. I have a couple dozen of them all around my scrodum. One of the hardest parts about having these cysts is telling your girlfriend about them. It is better to just tell her before she asks. Just remind her its no big deal, LOTS of men have them and there is nothing to worry about. I have been sexually active for 10 years now and have told a few women about this. Never once did she leave me or make fun or anything negative. When you tell her make sure she knows it is one of the most self conscience things about you and she will feel very close to you for opening up to her about a touchy subject. Its all about how you handle the situation, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. You dont want to always leave the light off, right?
The hot pack is the best way to visibly reduce them to where most of them are hardly noticeable. I hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2011
Experienced User
Hi everyone

If you need any help or advice regarding this subject then please do not hesitate to private message me.

Colin2011
|

replied April 19th, 2012
problem with acyne on scrotum
Plz help me as i'm havinf 2 large pimples on my scrotum becoz of hair removal at my childhood! plz help me if there any ointment is ther?

Thank you
|

replied May 30th, 2013
i recently looked at them nd their small white anf d hurt if pressure or itch them im scared is it cancer or std or wat
|

replied August 6th, 2013
please tell me about medicine for this problem.
|

replied February 15th, 2011
These sound like milia little protein cysts but on the scrotum. What u can try is stretching skin round problem spot and rub back and forth with fingernail quickish about 20 times. Will be a tad sore leave for a day sometimes 2 than gently squeeze the sucker it should easily remove without much pressure if not try later. Remember once popped treat Like a wound and put antiseptic cream on the area. Some may need a few goes to remove and larger ones will require a dermatologist or doctor. Smaller pimple sized ones should easily go after a few days. No need for needles or anything more tricky. It's an easy fix and not serious so don't stress guys. Remember this technique only good for those small pimple sized ones larger ones wont work with this technique and will require a dermatologist.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
try using tooth past on the cysts when u go to bed it will burn a lil but dont mind it goes away and in the morning they will be smaller do that for about then days and they should be gone it worked for me
|

replied April 12th, 2011
i have this kind of cyst way back 25years ago , it really bothers me , my girlfriend before found out about this, since then she never gave me a change to get intimate with her. a doctor says it was a millia oi scrotum but i was afraid about the surgery . and now after the long years , it didn't dissappear at all , i'm hopeless about this case . please help me .
|

replied April 17th, 2011
your nuts are gonna drop off if you dont get them spots taken off
|

replied June 14th, 2011
strange tiny cysts on scrotum
milia is what i think my problem is but i seem to have them on EVERY hair follicle on my balls and around the base of my dick. had them since i was 12, when i really started getting a good bush going. luckily theyre barely noticeable but still bothersome, anyone have a simmilar story/ solution? they dont seem to be going anywhere as im now 19
|

replied June 28th, 2011
iv got the same problem, havent had sex have a dozen of them scared about gunna doctor are letting my girlfriend no about it im gunna see a doctor in the morning i suggest u do the same, a doctor aint gunna laugh at you he will respect u and help u good luck
|

replied June 20th, 2011
YES THIS IS CRAZY I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING THAT I NOTICED AROUND 12 ALSO I MEAN I FORGET THERE EVEN ON MY SCROTUM AND WHEN I SEE THEM I SQUEEEZE SUM 1 STRIT ITS STILL STNG COMES OUT BUAY THERE ALL THAT HAPPENS IS SKIN IRRATATION. I HAVE NO PROBLEM HAVING SEX CAUSE MOST DONT EVEN NOTICE IT..
|

replied September 8th, 2011
Okay, so i have the same problem as most of you. I have a few white bumps on my testicles, they usually stay for a few months till they are able to be popped. A few months ago i got one that was quite larger than the others. I finally popped it but it wasnt just puss that came out. It seemed like some type of inner sack came out when i popped it. the "inner sack" was filled with the puss and now its just kind of sticking out of the pimple like bump. im pretty sure these bumps are Milia from what countless hours of research ive done. but ive tried to pull on this sack thing and it doesnt come out so im completely clueless now. anyone else have this problem...?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
i used a pair of nail clippers (clean with alcohol) to cut the skin ontop of the lump. the lump came out as a whole (puss still in the puss sack) this has stopped the puss sack re-filling. i know what im doing (fathers a doctor) lol so if possible seek medical advice before diving in and chopping your balls to bits lol
|

replied October 4th, 2012
I numbed my big one last night. Cut it open with a sterile knife and cut a slit on the top. I squeezed it out and it came out as a whole big white hard sack. I then pulled the sack apart from my testicles. Ive been cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide and alcohol. Will it come back? If not i want to do the other one i have the same way. I just dont know if theres still a sack inside or if its attached to the ball. Please help me out
|
12 >>
Quick Reply