Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

finished my period im still cramping?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
basically my period came exactly a week late and along with it mild cramping . now ive finished my period im still cramping with a watery discharge .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Sometimes during ovulation woman exhibit discharge and cramping due to hormonal changes which is quite normal.If the periods were lighter and were unlike normal ones then possibility of pregnancy is there.
If the cramps persist even after a week consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2012
Experienced User
Why am I still cramping after I have been off period for a week?
I had a shorter than normal period, a day in a half of bleeding and then brownish discharge a half day, had a little cramping, now I have been off my period for about a week and I have worse cramps than I did on my period along with lower back pain and a headache. I am on the pill, I know it's not 100% effective, I have been on the pill for over a year and haven't missed a day. So I was just curious as to why, I am 17 years old, haven't told my fiance or mother who works as a nurse yet, was going to ask for another person's opinion before I worry everyone else, I am not really that worried, I just want to know what is going on with my body.
|

replied November 7th, 2012
I started my period so very light it got a bit faster after a few days iv finished now but I still keep getting mild cramps why?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.