Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

finished medication, but new swollen nodes keep appearing.

I am an 18 year old female. I recently went to a doctor because I had a few swollen lymph nodes on my neck, shoulders, chest (near my clavicle), as well as a swollen lump in my breast. I first noticed pain in my neck and the some of the nodes were tender to touch. There were also red bumps on my skin over some of the nodes that looked like acne, but they did not show up until after the nodes were swollen. My doctor put me on Sulfamethoxazole and told me to take 2 a day for 10 days. After the 10 days, I was still experience some pain in my neck and noticed I had two new lumps on both sides of my head, one right behind my ear and one where my skull meets my neck. I can still feel the lump in my breast but it is no longer painful to touch. I went back and got a blood test but they said my cell count was normal and I tested negative for Mono and sent me home. Yesterday I noticed a new painful, swollen node in my groin. I am not sure where to go from here and am concerned because I finished the medication, but new swollen nodes keep appearing. I have not had any fever, flu-like symptoms, or noticed anything out of the ordinary besides the swollen nodes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|