Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Fibromyalgia maybe?

Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
Hello, my name is Kasey and for the past year or so, I've noticed that I've been waking up stiffer than normal, my joints ache and it always feels like I've slept wrong. Also, I have sometimes severe joint and muscle pain, pain that seems to get worse especially during my period. I've been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome for over a year now and while I don't have the muscle pain all the time, I have it frequently, especially in my shoulders, arms, hips and leg muscles. Advil can only put a dent in the pain and often I have to take more than just two Advil just to function properly. Heating pads seem to help the best but do not completely take the pain away.

I suffered from really bad "growing pains" when I was a kid and I'm wondering if this at all sounds like Fibromyalgia.

I haven't spoken to my doctor about it yet because I'm thinking that maybe this is just part of getting older? I just turned 20 a few months ago and I just want to know if this sort of thing is normal or if I should go back to visit my doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|