Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

fibroids causing nausea ? (Page 1)

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
Hello all. I'm a 26 year old mother of 2. I've been having SEVERE nausea about 4 to 6 days before my monthly for about 4 months now. This only happens at night but will sometimes go into the morning. I can't sleep at all. I wake every 30 to 45 minutes sick and in SO much pain.
It's the hardest feeling to explain. It just hurts all over my stomach. I've tried Pepto, Tums, flat soda, Alka-Setlzer, Gas-X and Maloox. Nothing works. The pain is so bad, my stomach feels bloated. I have to pull my pants and underwear below my stomach so that the pressure doesn't touch my stomach.
I'm certain that I'm going to throw up or have diarehea but never do (Thank God. I have a HUGE fear of throwing up.) Sometimes the nausea is so bad my heart starts beating really fast, my breathing gets fast and shallow and I start shaking (like the chills). I feel flushed sometimes and go take my temp. but I don't have a fever (sometimes my temp. is elevated).
I don't know what to do. It's SO bad. I can't stand it anymore but we don't have insurance right now, so I can't go into the Dr. Does anyone else have this? What could it be? I know I have fibroids (which BURN really bad before my period...or at least that's what I think it is that I'm feeling. Maybe it's something else.) but I'm not sure they'd cause all this.
Could this be Endometriosis? Fibroids? Something else?
Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pinay1010
|

replied March 8th, 2009
fibroids and nausea
I feel so bad for you, and being so young! I am 55 and have had fibroids for about a year now, only they just got larger and have been experiencing nausea, urinary incontinence which doesn't allow me to sleep well (I have to go pee alot, sometimes not a whole lot). I have learned the root cause of fibroids is hormonal, mainly too much estrogen. This, in turn, causes your endocrine system out of balance, or vice versa...not sure. All I know is it is all hormonal, but most doctors will say they are unsure of the cause. I did not experience all these side effects until after I began using vaginal estrogen suppositories for hot flashes. I began to awaken from my sleep to urinate, and it would not necessarily be alot. The frequency has increased since, and my sleep is totally disrupted, accompanied with nausea, fatigue, and glucose intolerance. Prior to the suppositories, I had been on HRT for about 9 years...initially for PMS, and latter, hot flashes. But even good doctors know that there comes a time when women need to wean off their HRT. While weaning off HRT, I couldn't tolerate the hot flashes...they were horrific. I began using bio-identical hormonal creams, and eventually the vaginal suppositories....I regret the suppositories because they were all estrogen, and caused the fibroids to increase in size and multiply. I am now seeking help via herbal and vitamin/mineral supplements, probiotics, fiber, and progesterone cream for temporary use...all under the care of physicians, to balance the endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, etc.). Many, many women have had great success with this regiment, and have even experienced shrinking of the fibroids! No more symptoms and feeling better than ever! I encourage you to sacrifice the money somehow, cuz your health is priceless, and your kids need you! God bless you!
|
Users who thank jmgav for this post: msblue50 

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
This sounds EXACTLY like me! At least a week before my period is due, I start feeling like crap! Literally, every symptom you described fits me too! I just found out that I have fibroids... I don't know if this is the cause of my issues, or if it's something more... A laparoscopy is the only way to 100% diagnose endometriosis, and my doc wants to do that as a last resort... Keep up updated! I will too!
|

replied June 24th, 2009
Im a 29 year old and have three kids ! I have had bloating for months now and difficulty losing weight until I stopped drinking milk and switched to soy milk. YOUHAVE TO STOP EATING DAIRY AND BEEF. they are full of exo estrogen The cow milk has too much estrogen and growth hormones that causes an imbalance; but the soy milk i think helps to balance the hormones l. i use to be sooo tired and bloated all the time. But now i realized i have to avoid beef as well it's chocked full of those hormones. I just bloat up awful after eating too much. hope it works for you ladies it has for me and i'm full of energy and able to lose weight the way it should be!
|

replied June 25th, 2009
OMG!! Tellavera you are so correct!! IT IS THE MEAT AND DAIRY!!! EVEN CHICKEN!!! They inject these animals with so much crap! We are what we eat! But be very careful with Soy, it will blow you up as well. Almond milk is the best.

I have endometriosis and Fibroids. I suffer with really bad pain 1 week and sometimes 2 weeks prior to my menstrual. My fibroids are in the muscle which enables me to excercise and run, have sex (orgasim) or even hold my urine during that 1 to 2 week time. I have been suffering this pain since I was 19 years old. I am now 36 and love to see my menstrual because the minute I see it I know my pain is gone! I have no pain during my menstrual only prior. My pain has been so bad where I've had pain beyond belief so bad I've broken out into cold sweats and if not seated, will pass out. I mean, so bad I sweat my hair as if I was excercising. My body had gotten use to every over the counter and prescribed drug so I just stop taking them. I was told to take birth control for the pain. I tried and had a cycle twice a month and went through that with no difference in pain so I discontinued. I had then been put on Lupron (which was the best!!). It put my body through menopause (to stop the estrogen) but it cannot be given more than 6 months. I have been told to have a baby, since I don't have any. I am not ready to have a baby just yet. I am not married nor am I ready to take on that responsibility on my own. SO I just deal with the pain. I get so annoyed when I see how so much money being put into getting a man to stay up when money can't find cures for these issues with women reproductive systems. In any case, a lot of the pain is associated with what you eat as well. Well I can speak for myself. I had noticed when I had artifical sweetners, meats and dairy, it had intensified my pain. I think its because of what they inject these animals with and the chemicals used. Anyhow, I hope my post helps anyone and if someone can advise me of something please let me know! Smile
|

replied June 26th, 2009
vitamins, fibroids and toxic meat
Hey Love4Love thanks for responding, Why dont you have your fibroids removed? Have you seen the women's vitamin packs from GNC ? I think im going to start taking those. What about the new chicken and beef that suppose to be all natural or organic ? my five year old cant stand to eat meat . i wonder if his litle untoxicated body is telling him something? do we really need to eat meat all the time anyway ? It takes up more than half of the grocery bill. i'd have to say pork would be the hardest to cut back on for me. What do vegans eat for protein anyway? My husband doesnt consider dinner to be dinner with out a piece of carnage on his plate.
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Hi Tellavera,

I've been to several doctors and they all said the same. My Fibroids are all over and all typically small so they don't want to do the surgery because there would possible be a lot of scarring and it can eventually come back. As far as th foods, I have a hard time trusting what they put out there, "suppose" is the right word! Vegans eat more beans for protein. Lentils are a great source.
|

replied July 15th, 2009
I am going through the exact same pain as the first person that e-mailed in. I am constantly hurt. I always feel like I am going to throw up and I have that burning/acid/gas/bloated feeling! I went to the doctor and he stated that I have a fibroid about 5cm. Surgery is not an option right now for me, however the feeling in my stomach is driving me crazy! I have changed my diet and I try to work-out 3 times a week. Does anyone know of anything that can be taken for this feeling? I used to be on prevacid for acid and that was helping but the doc saw no acid in my stomach! So they took me off of it! Help!
|

replied August 15th, 2009
Ladies with fibroid have you check Uterine Fibroid embolization? I will be doing this non-major surgery next week. It is the alternative of doing hysteroctomy or nothing at all and live in pain. I'm 44 years old and not yet in menopause and was diagnosed with a lot of fibroids (30+ 2-4 cm), mother of 3. I have been having the back pain, nausea, headaches, heavy bleeding during period, you name it I got it. I can't wait to get the surgery! 1-2 weeks recovery period, you can't beat that. The recovery time is so minimal and I was told that the pain associated with recovery are also minimal like having cramps (same or more that you get when you have your period) but you will be given meds for that and that would be the first week of recovery. Amazing how my primary doctors plus two oby-gyn just wanted me to have hysterectomy!

Ladies, do your research, it's your body also but it's your pain. Don't let them tell you want kind of pain you should live through. Hysterectomy sucks in every way, no uterus (or ovaries) and will need hormone pills till kingdom come - what kind of life is that?
|
Users who thank pinay1010 for this post: Cino 

replied September 13th, 2012
Fibroids
Hi am having this procdeure done on the 24th of sept actually next week can you please tell me how this worked out for you?? i'm so bervouse
|

replied April 5th, 2014
Hi Pinay1010 I have 2 fibroids on my uterus and my symptoms are awful. Pain every single day with no energy what so ever. I will be getting the Uterine Fibroid embolization in 2 weeks. How did that go for you? What was your recovery? Im feeling a bit nervous. Thanks
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Hello I'm a 31 year old female my case is that its been couple of times that that I feel like litle kicks in side my stomach.I dont have any more periods for the last five years I had chemo and radiations I do have my uterus what I heard is that I could have fibroids but I want to ask if feeling those litle kicks are normal?
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Fibrolous
I feel the kicks!!! I am so miserable! I am having a myomectomy on Dec 23rd 2009...Cant wait... to sit in a chair is unconfortable, I feel lazy all of the time, noise is runny, I constantly pass gas, and the back aches!!!! I will keep you all posted!
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
nausea
I am 25 years old. I have been married for 3 years. I have not seen my period for the last 2 months now, and i eventually went to the gynecologist. I explained to him that i took 2 pregnancy tests which turned out negative, i have been feeling nauseous, and not sure what really going on.he did a final pregnancy test just to make sure, it still turned up negative. it was then he decided to do an ultrasound on me. it revealed that i have polycystic ovaries and fibroids (3x5cm). My feelings of nausea have been getting worse. i think it started from the first time i missed my period... He prescribed me Provera for my period to come again, after which he will do some tests on me. I am hoping for the best. the nausea makes me feel so upset like if i want to throw up... and can last for hours during the day... Are the fibroids causing my nausea? I am not even sure how long i have had them inside me...but if they were in me for a few years now, why is it now that i am only now experiencing nausea?
|

replied August 20th, 2011
Fibroid education
I have fibroids, lately I am been experiencing nausea, especially at night, I don't eat any meat for 5 years, only seafood and vegetables, salads, green juicing, no milk, just almond milk, no coffee, because i read caffeine make it grow and also alcohol too.I really think dairy causes nausea, because I had a piece of cake, then 5 mins later nausea come on. I never had a problem with cake.
I try peppermint tea, it helps sometimes, I am also doing liver detox tea and tablets, its suggested when you have fibroids. Colonic help with constipation in fibroids, So see if that helps
|

replied August 20th, 2011
Fibroid education
I have fibroids, lately I am been experiencing nausea, especially at night, I don't eat any meat for 5 years, only seafood and vegetables, salads, green juicing, no milk, just almond milk, no coffee, because i read caffeine make it grow and also alcohol too.I really think dairy causes nausea, because I had a piece of cake, then 5 mins later nausea come on. I never had a problem with cake.
I try peppermint tea, it helps sometimes, I am also doing liver detox tea and tablets, its suggested when you have fibroids. Colonic help with constipation in fibroids, So see if that helps
|

replied January 4th, 2010
fibroids
Wow you all have been so inspiring!!! I have just been told by Dr. that I have 'something' growing on my ovaries. I passed 'something' one day after having excruciating pain...like labour pain...after going to the ER and having an ultra sound this is the outcome...i am positive it is fibroids. This 'something' was whitish in colour and the size of a golf ball. The nausea is very annoying and yes it came on just prior to my monthly...I cant seem to find much on fibroids on the ovaries though...I am 42 and cant wait to get this resolved...anyone tell me how long from discovery to feeling better????
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
hi feel so sick with having fibroids,always feeling sick and bloated,and just yuk should i have a hysterectomy
,will i feel better.please answer me asap
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Better do your homework as far as hysterectomy goes. I have not heard any positives as of yet. Know very well the sick and nauseus feeling both before and during periods...for meds my dr prescribed naproxin and to use gravol..may want to try this out worked 'well enough' to get me past those yucky days...they say that fibroids shrink after menopause...you may want to take this fact into consideration.
|

replied March 11th, 2010
fibriods
i found out that i had fibroids a year ago im almost 37 im sick all the time keep gettin bronchitis and sore throats i havent been my self ive been misserable my husband and i fight all the time now and we never did before i feel nauseus all the time n the back pain is excritiating it makes my job hard to do i dont what to do i really dont want i hysterectomy but im finding that fibroids n endometriosis runs in family im notsure what to do anymore its causing havoc on my life please help lot4words
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
Do I have fibroids?
Im wondering if I have fibroids, I do feel bloated all the time I also feel kicks in my stomach for the past year. Now I feel sick alot and I have to go to the bathroom at night, also I feel full easily. But can fibroids cause you to gain weight? I have always been very thin but I have gained about 10 pounds in the last 4 months is this normal
|
Users who thank Kklp for this post: Cino 

replied July 24th, 2010
uhmm..

prolonged menstruation period.
lower back pain..(sometimes)
a bit of pelvic pain (sometimes)
frequent urination
spotting before period

is this one of the symptoms??
|

replied August 20th, 2010
Fibroids Cure?
Well, I discovered I have fibriods in December 2008 and now its like 11cm.Its intramural and gives me headache, I pee alot, bloated, seem to eat excessively which i never did before. Had kicks then, naeseous, headaches, backache and all.I want to have children and also will probably go for myomectomy in two months. I would have loved to use drugs but I am in between and seem lost atimes.
|

replied September 30th, 2010
fibroids
i have them too, had them since i was 19 years old, I am 34 years old now, i recently had a baby a year ago and they grew., they were huge no joke. I did alot of research and once i stopped breastfeeding i did a cleanse for 10 days, then 2 weeks later did a 10 day juice feasting back in may, it helped, and i just did another juice feasting for 14 days, and they have shrunk alot in size.
stop eating meat, diary and soya milk is bad it is alllll estrogen.

i am doing vegan, raw vegan eating now. And i drink atleast 2 fresh juices a day with kale, dandelion, and any green leafy vegetable you can think of. it is very healing

i was amazed how small they got after my 14 day juice feasting. you have to heal your body, they are there from what you ate and put in your body.

hysterectomy or any of those procedures should be your last option. even the immobilization procedure is not accurate, many women still get hysterectomy after.
|
12 >>