Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

few solid Bowel Movements for 6 months

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hello, I have been searching a bit today for my symptoms and came across this site.

For the past 6 months I haven't had many solid bowel movements they've been soft chunks and occasionally liquid. I've had a few solid and decent movements, but even when I have those it seems like I can't quite get everything out. That there is just some still wanting to come out, however, it is quite difficult to get the last bit out. Eventually, like around an hour or two I will be able to get the last bit out. I don't know if I sat on the toilet for 30 minutes or more that I'd be able to get everything out in one sitting, or if I'm just too stubborn to spend my time on the toilet.

I get that incredibly uncomfortable gassy and sometimes a little painful feeling below my stomach. But I have no stomach pains or anything unbearable, just some incredible uncomfortableness.

I also did some searching on here and saw a topic about nervous gas, and I believe I also have that problem. I tend to gas up a lot of times when I have any anxiety.

I apologize for the long post and if I wasn't very good at describing what I'm having, but is there anything I should be worried about? or is it possible that it is just more fiber that I need.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2010
I don't mean to alarm you, but this sounds very similar to what I experienced before they recently discovered I have ulcerative colitis. I would have occasional flare ups the same as you describe...same consistency, I always felt like I still needed to go but nothing was coming or would only come a while later, uncomfortably gassy and sometimes crampy, worse when I was stressed or anxious. This went on/flared up every now and again over many years, sometimes accompanied by a sense of urgency (similar to when you have a tummy bug and need to go) and intense cramps and pain. A year ago I started to have bloody diarrea, weight loss, lethargy and weakness which is what led to the diagnosis (after 25 years!) It was never picked up before because blood tests never showed anything wrong. Even when I was diagnosed and at my worst, the blood tests still showed I was fine (go figure). Basically identified the UC when they did a colonoscopy. The symptoms you describe are possible signs of proctitis...inflammation of the rectum. You should see your doctor just in case.

BTW...fibre has always caused these episodes to worsen for me. Possibly a good way to test? But also be careful.

Good luck!! Pls let me know what happens, and hope you're ok (and I'm way wrong!!)
|
Did you find this post helpful?