Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Fever like symptoms no temperature (Page 1)

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
So this has happened to me a few times in the past week. I have the standard fever symptoms I feel freezing, like shivering, and my body feels super hot. Expecting to have a high temperature I checked with multiple thermometers and found that my temp is/was 98.0! What is this? it just sucks because there doesn't seem to be any explanation. PLEASE HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper skay205
|
Users who thank 533nxor for this post: jeoyk 

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2008
Supporter
Do you live in a tropical zone? Is it possible that you have malaria? I'd suggest that you get a standard blood test to see if there is a viral or bacterial infection present.
|

no I live in Vermont I am fairly sure it isn't malaria.
|

User Profile
Supporter
giggle

Is the fever still present?

I'd suggest some exercise for circulation, if you suspect that it is environmental...perhaps related to the change of seasons? I'm searching for an answer here...
|

could it be from anxiety that is the only thing I can think of. Because it isn't a fever because my temperature is normal. During all the times I had bad anxiety.
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2008
Supporter
Has it gotten better with time? Is anxiety still present?
|

replied October 21st, 2009
I feel the same way, but have anxiety, so it's hard for me to tell what the heck this feeling is. I feel horrible, but no temp. I feel like I'm burning inside, then I sweat a little. A friend said it sounds like my body trying to fight an infection. But I'm going to the Dr. and maybe he has an answer for me.
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
What did the doctor say? I've been experiencing this for 4 days now. I also have that 'sickly taste', but taste buds and appetite not affected at all. Feeling a little wiped after little activity, but not overly exhausted at the end of the day. So strange.
|

replied January 24th, 2010
im petrified cause i am experiencing these symtoms too ofaten. its 34 degrees and i feel like ice deep inside of me. then sometimes after quite a while of experiencing this i start to feel like i am cooking from the inside. im sick of everything being blamed on anxiety. anyone would have anxiety if they experienced how painful this is
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
Fever feeling without registering actual temp
Anxiety can certainly cause all kinds of annoying symptoms that can leave one feeling just plain lousy. I often get the feeling of having a fever with no registered temp about a week before my period starts and my period raises anxiety of course. I also feel chilled to the bone inside until the two week ordeal passes. Exercise is helpful with circulation and anxiety, but lets face it, not always easy to do when your already feeling really bad. I went for a walk today hoping it would help, and it only made me feel worse and I had to nap under three blankets. I think hormones can play too big of a role.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
I am had episodes of being completely freezing, can''t get warm for hours. Last night was one of those. I go from freezing to overly hot. But last night I did have a low grade temp and today. Although I do not feel sick. For 2 months now I have had a ton of anxiety as well as a lot of neurological things for which I am seeing a neurologist. Don''t know anything yet. I have always had depression but not on meds currently. I also have had some anxiety but not to this point. This consumes me all the time that I have some serious disease or I am going to die.
Can this be anxiety related. I have been reading and trying to figure it out. For those of you with these anxiety problems do you know if this is normal. Body aches, pins and needles, face flushing and chest. The temperature things. I also feel hot cold sensations in my toes sometimes. I am also on my period so I'm not sure if that is contributing. I was even worried it might be TSS so stopped wearing a tampon today. Don't know what is going on. Please help
|

replied August 14th, 2012
Symtoms
Hey you guys, I had similar symtoms for years and I was finally diagnosed with Haemochromatosis. After the blood donations every week or 2 for 6 months I was deironed and for the first time I felt normal again..It's fantastic. Also accute levels of different metals in your body such as copper can create neuralogical systems. Just remember that if you remember it you sane. Also learning to focus (meditate) on good things can help. IcareIshare
|
Users who thank IcareIshare for this post: hesam 

replied April 14th, 2010
Just to calm your nerves sooner (as I know your probably waiting for your neuro app. which is off in the distance) I would try to get in this week to see your regular doc or OB just to put your mind at ease a little. They may check your thyroid/or run some other blood tests to be sure you do not need anything right away. Thyroid plays a big role in temp regulation of a woman's body. If all is normal it probably has a lot to do with hormones and anxiety like myself. I just got done with a full neuro workup with EMG (nerve test) and brain MRI and it was ok. May I ask what neuro symptoms you are having? Is it mostly the pins and needles? I get neuropathy, numbness, buzzing, twitching and creepy crawling feelings on my skin-drives me nuts! Anxiety and stress can play such major roles in odd health symptoms it is simply amazing as I am finding out. If you can afford one get a massage and find a really good chiropractor as I did that specializes in more things than just adjustments-my chiro has been so much more there for me than my other docs. She ran a micro neutriant test and found out I was so low in B complex even though I was taking supplements and put me on better ones. But in the meantime get in for a regular app. just to rule out the TSS or anything like that-at least that is proactive for your health and might ease your anxiety a bit. Deep breaths-it will be ok! Hang in there. =)
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Thanks for the response! It helps hearing from others. I started with the pins and needles and it kind of is everywhere when bad. I also get body aches, and I can feel that my muscles are tense and I have to relax them. I also get different aches and pains. I get really shaky and cold at times and can''t get warm. That is the most recent symptom. I have had an MRI and EMG and EEG. The MRI showed a bulging neck disc but so far thats it. He has to read the results of the EMG so I know nothing with that yet. I go back in a month. All my blood tests are normal. I do have a fatty liver however; that has no bearing on this. But does cause immense stress! I also sometimes get a red flushing rash on my chest and face.
I am new to this much anxiety. Is it normal for these things to just happen for no reason. . Meaning when I am not in the middle of a panic attack. Sometimes I can be just relaxing and there it starts.

Jennifer
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Jennifer, what I have learned about panic attacks over the years, having suffered from them since my twenties, is that they manifest themselves in odd ways and at odd times. You can be perfectly relaxed (or think you are) and the strange symptoms of them can strike in so many forms from rash to IBS to numbness to nausea to headaches and twitching-you name it. It took me a long time to accept that and many docs telling me so and research I did. I started with the pins and needles a year and a half ago during a very heavy period-in my hands and feet at the same time. I do have a slight disk problem in my neck and L spine but not enough for surgery and the docs want to chalk it up to the all mighty ever blanket "fibromyalgia" description. The pins and needles could very well all be stemming from your neck coupled with anxiety. Amazingly I found simple yoga (just with a cheap DVD doing it at home) eased the pins and needles. I was on Neurontin (do not recommend) for six months but now I am on Lyrica, which is much better side effect wise and calms some of the nerve pain to point like the pins and needles, numbness, etc. You may want to ask your doctor about a mild low dose anti anxiety drug not to take forever but just to get you through this rough phase. Also, have they checked your circulation? If that gets off it can cause uncomfortable temp and pins and needles. If it helps once I finish radiation (I am recovering from breast cancer-when it rains it pours!) I will start warm pool therapy with a physical therapist at the YMCA for both my neck and back and looking into acupuncture. It is really supposed to help the disks in the back and neck and the exercise will calm the anxiety and help circulation. Before getting more sick I was walking a lot which helped my anxiety greatly-are you able to take walks? It might help. Now, all this said I also believe there are a lot of odd undetected things out there docs just do not know enough about yet. I plan to see a group about an hour away this summer that specializes in running more in depth tests docs never run. I am slowly trying to "accept" I have odd symptoms and I will have to live with them. The latest is the twitching goes into my face sometimes which is upsetting not to mention embarassing. I really do recommend a good, full service female chiropractor if you can find one. =)
|

replied April 15th, 2010
SammiWell now I have notice that during these episodes I do have a low grade fever. I have been checking it now. Has anyone else checked theirs during these events. But I don't feel sick! I am really scared, my husband is tired of dealing with my craziness. How can I have a fever if I dont have sick symptoms?

Jennifer
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Did you go to the doctor to be sure you do not have a low grade infection? Try to get in to see someone tomorrow before the weekend. You don''t want to drive yourself crazy it will just give you more stress. The fever feeling I get only regulated a temp once on my period and I had to just get in bed and get a lot of rest. Sorry I cannot help more. I''m dragging from the cancer treatment and need to go to bed. I hope you feel better.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
I went in yesterday actually. Today I am actually feeling a little something in my throat, and a headache stuffy feeling. Hoping that is it. How is your cancer treatment going? I hope well. You know we can private message here to so if there is anything you ever want to talk about more privately that works too. Sleep well, I hope you feel better in the morning. I am on my period also maybe that plays a part.

Jennifer
|

replied November 15th, 2011
Low Blood Sugar is a possibility
Looking through all the responses I do not see anyone suggesting low blood sugar. Feeling hot, anxious and panicky, plus a sick feeling, dizziness and feeling angry or scared is all signs of low blood sugar. My daughter and I both were having this problems and nobody ever suggested anxiety-and turned out they were right. Check for insulin resistance-you may have a battle between the insulin and the sugar going on in your body.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
My daughter is 6 years old...anytime she gets sick she will be burning up to the touch, but the thermometer says normal! She has had a febral seizure and her temp was only 99.6. Is there a possibility that the thermometer is just not reading her temp correctly?!? I have tried several different thermometers with same result. As soon as I give her Tylenol she cools down and feels a whole lot better! Please help!
|

replied February 26th, 2012
I find these reply somehow helpful as they guided me to certain hints to explore further.
however, I am seriously suffering from fever like symptoms without any high temperature or cold symptoms...
|
12 >>