Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

fetus did not grow in womb

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am in a situation where I am even considering suicide. I have just recently been told by my doctor for the second time that the fetus which I was carrying for 9weeks did not develop in my womb. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem. the doctor just said to me it could be a couple of things.
Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2009
Reconsider
Have you talked to someone you can trust or seeked counseling? If you have concerns about your pregnancies, you should write all of them down and not leave the doc's office until they get answered. That afterall is why the doctor is there and why they're getting paid. It is not your fault that the pregnancy was unable to suceed. If you followed every guideline to a successful pregnancy it could still end. Vist websites like www.americanpregnancy.org or look up support groups with ppl who have had the same problem you are going through. I had a miscarriage and I researched and sometimes it just takes multiple times, although heartbreak at no success, don't give up. Your womb may not be able to handle pregnancy right now. Schedule a pre-pregnancy visit and have them do tests and find if its hereditary. Or adopt. There are so many babies that need loving homes and women who want to abort them.
|
Users who thank E_shelly for this post: Fairy Godmother 

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2009
Supporter
Welcome to eHealth!
Nokwakha, please take the advice from E_shelly. I know a lot of women who have gone through what you have experienced, and in the end, they all, except for my sister in law have had children. I do however, have two adopted a(niece and nephew) and they are the joy of my life. Do not even joke about commmitting suicide....please try to stay positive....sometimes it takes practice to make perfect. Read what E_shelly wrote twice if you have too, what she has contributed has hit the nail on the head. Good luck to you. Always here if you need to PM and vent. Hugs! FGM
|

replied April 9th, 2009
FETUS DID NOT GROW IN WOMB
Thanks for these encouraging words, I am a mother who has been trough a lot, my son was born with cerebal palsy 15years ago, he died when he was nine, after a while i fell pregnant, it was an etopic, then a miscarriage and now this. so I have been through a lot of heartache, but not without valuable lessons. So after this happened I cried a lot and then after that had to brush my self up and start living again. funny enough this morning I said to my partner I wake up with a song in my heart I dont know why as it is too soon to be smiling again, but as crazy as it sounds I am so thanks to all concerned.
|
Quick Reply