Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diagnostic Techniques, Treatments Forum

Femtosecond Cataract Laser

Hi, my mother is 50 years old, and she needs a cataract surgery to be done. I am someone who never wore glasses and never had to go to an eye doctor, so I don't know anything about cataract surgery. Her eye doctor said that she would be getting a Bladeless Laser Cataract Surgery with the LenSx femtosecond laser surgery. I have never heard of anything like that before. Could someone please tell me, if it’s the usual procedure for treating cataract? Is the recovery slow? Is there anything to be careful about before the surgery? Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2017
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. That surgery is a very good, Minimal invasive and uptodate with least possible side effects. You need not to worry about it. Your mother will be up on your feet within a few hours and she will be good as new. Let her go from allergist take care of this cataract and is easily manageable.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostic Techniques, Treatments , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.