Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Female: End of Urethra burning, no pain but severe irritation?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Greetings Ehealth forum,

I've got this severe irritation at the end of my urethra when I was 7 years old, now I'm 18.
I've been checked by 3 different gynaecologists, but they couldn't find out what's the problem - I have no STD and I been on many medications but none helped, even creams.
I'm not lactose intolerance and my yeast intake is lower then average.
It feels like the end of my urethra where the urine actually comes out, burns really bad, it also swells up a bit.
I don't feel as I'm urgent to pee when I'm having this burning sensation and If I do I try to hold it in as long as I can because when I urinate while I'm having this burning sensation it will make it worse.
It does not itch.
My vulva does not burn nor vagina.
I pee about 4/5 times a day, not sure if that's called frequent urination or if its normal.
I'm having this irritation every 1-2 days, especially when I'm really close to my period.
It last about 5+ hours, If I would try to sleep through the irritation the burning irritation would still revolve after I woke up.

After I visited 3 gynaecologists and been on many medications, I gave up.. and thought I should just live with it. I never asked the forums what it could be, please enlighten me of what it could be because I'm dying to know the answer.

Thanks in advance,
*cross fingers*
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2012
Hi,

I have the exact same symptoms, age, etc. & I've have gone to see a physician too many times - my family doctor seems to just push me out door and not care. I had one doctor that actually seemed to care & got these tests done but they all came out positive but I have still currently having this very uncomfortable feeling.

But I'll stop going on with my story, I was just wondering if you have finally found an answer to this terrible feeling?

Thank you, I hope to hear back!
|
Did you find this post helpful?