Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Feels like there's something in my eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
This is gonna sound really trivial compared to the other threads on this forum but hear me out. This is costing me sleep and is causing me all kinds of stress.

About a year ago it felt like there was something in my eye. Not painful at all, but feels like there is something there. I of course tried to rub whatever it was out of my eye, tried washing my eyes out, blinking, everything, couldn't get rid of the feeling. It only happens at night too, I don't know whether it's to do with the position of my eye, or the lack of other sensory stimulation but at night it comes with a vengeance. Always my right eye. Feels like there's something underneath the lid. It's been like this ever since that time last year. I thought it might be something embedded in the surface of the eye, but the sensation moves sometimes from the bottom lid to the top lid, so I know whatever it is it isn't embedded in the surface. It takes me so long to get to sleep each night because of this feeling in my eye. I really don't understand it at all, surely it should have fallen out by now? I went to an optician and she took a look and said she could see nothing wrong. Has anyone ever had something like this before? What could it possibly be? Is there anything I can do about it on my own?

I don't want to go to my doctor, I'm sure if I go see him and tell him there's something in my eye he'll either laugh at me or be annoyed. But I get this sensation every night and I can never get a good night's sleep because of it, is it going to be like this for the rest of my life? I don't know what to do. Advice anyone??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 28th, 2013
Something in my eye ?
Ok , I just looked this up because this is happening to me . It was about 2:45am or so , and again , I had what I felt to be something in my eye . It's kind of at the bottom , I thought at first it might be an eyelash but after looking and kind of being not really sure where it was I kind of wiped the bottom and then , sometimes it would feel like it moved , but I couldn't get it out so I had to kind of settle for that . And then if I go to sleep or take my mind off it, it goes away . But it's always around the same time , at night , and only my RIGHT EYE ! So I saw this here and I just thought wow ! That's so weird , but I guess cool because no one has answered you yet ! Please write back . Joe
|

replied September 17th, 2013
Itchy, red, watery, NOT allgeries!
Ok folks....you are not alone! 2 nights ago, I got the EXACT same thing in my RIGHT eye! Last night was the same. But today, it started this afternoon. I even tried flooding it out with eye drops, but it doesnt do anything. I can feel it go from top to bottom, too. And sometimes, if I blink just right and open my eye slowly, I can just barely see a tiny little piece of something going up across my pupil with my upper eyelid. My vision in that eye gets blurry when that happens, too.

I took my son to a doc apt today and it acted up again. While we were waiting for the doc to come in the room, I was checking out my eye in the mirror, and on the bottom lid, on the inside, there is a little white blotch. I am currently googling it, to see what it is, which is how I stumbled on this post! What is going on with us??
|