Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Feels like spasms, tightness, tingling in left arm

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have what feel like spasms in my left arm. It is like when a blood pressure cuff is too tight on your arm...Not really painful, but very very uncomfortable. The tightness, tingling etc comes and goes all day and night. Also, the tip of my left pointer finger is numb. This has been going on for over two weeks. I took flexeril and naproxon and it doesn't stop it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank nanagail101 for this post: nursemanchet 

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
nanagail101,

The numbness in your index finger is due to compression of the nerve that innervates it. The compression could be in many different areas, from the finger itself, the carpal tunnel, at the elbow, in the upper arm, at the shoulder, or even in the neck.

Since you are having the tightness feeling in the upper arm, that would be the most likely area for the compression. However, with just the description, it is not possible to determine exactly what it causing it.

If it continues, you should see your physician for an evaluation to determine the etiology. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?