Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

feels like menstruation, but no blood?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i'm having a rather odd month it seems. I'm on birth control and I take it regularly. This month when I got to the "pink week" as I like to call it, nothing happened. I feel like I'm on my period but there isn't any bleeding. I've got all the usual things like acne breakouts, bloating, occasional cramping, and a sweet tooth like you wouldn't believe. I guess what I want to know is should I be worried about pregnancy or is this just an odd month? (I haven't had sex since November, and odd months have happened in the past but not for a while).

Thanks for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
I have no clue im in a similar situation. I've been on bc pills for 2-3 years now and I usually don't miss a period but I have once due to stress. I feel like I'm on it but nothing. Sore breasts, breakouts, craving chocolate, and moody with my dad lol. I did have sex like 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm now 11 days late. Took a test and it was negative. What was your result? Pregnant or not? I saw that this was posted in January.
|

replied April 19th, 2011
I finally broke down and took a test which was negative. I took another one a few days later to make sure and it was also negative. The next month I got my period a week early, so I really don't know what's going on, but it seems to be normal now Razz
|

replied April 20th, 2011
Thats good. Yeah not long after I replied I got home and it seems to have started but won't know for sure until tomorrow cuz it was like a light brownish red. Not gonna tell the guy until I know for sure lol
|

replied May 30th, 2012
I'm going through the same thing right now. I've been stressed out lately, so I'm thinking that could be it. This is only making me more stressed out. I've had the cramps and headaches I get on my time (I'm supposed to start yesterday and I haven't been late while on birth control) but nothing. My boyfriend and I always use protection and I'm on birth control. I don't know what's going on. I'm gonna assume an odd month and stress are factors.
|