Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feels like I'm not here

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Well im 15 and Iv started having this feeling like im not even here.
It’s a daze but it goes on all day.
Iv just started getting my period regularly, I was feeling dizzy too but im takin bio iron tablets for that.
Iv been sick for 5 weeks with this chesty cough, iv still got the flu but its not the flu were you have to be in bed, I cant seem to shake it off iv been to the doc’s but they didn’t give me anything so iv been swallowing garlic but that makes me feel sick! i eat well too
Since iv been sick iv been worrying and Iv had a couple anxiety attacks, iv been having bad thoughts ABOUT dying, chocking, swallowing. I try to brush it off but its hard...
I was also jumping out my sleep but then id be fine. I have this feeling like I want some one next to me. to feel safe
I had a little depression but got rid of it by exercising etc.

But im really worried about this feeling of not being here!
It’s so hard to explain. But ill feel good then ill think o I got myself back then it will disappear back to feeling dazed sort of and ill think maybe im forgetting what the feeling of being here feels likes!

Iv also just started a new job and like it. It’s at a bakery and its hot so I drink plenty water. Do you think maybe my body is just adapting?
Shocked
This sounds trippy but im not on drugs! I talk to ppl I trust and they say my body is probably just run down from all this at once. Iv ALSO been dreaming of water swimming in deep water, which means iv become bogged down.
Maybe its just a phase!
I just want some tips or advice help pls….xxoo
I also live in a small country town so I can’t just jump to a doctor. Keep in mind. thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Josiek8
|

replied August 20th, 2009
I know exactly how you feel. I am experiencing the same thing right now. This is the second time this has happened to me. After a really bad anxiety attack I get that spacey, out of body feeling. It is very hard to explain to others. The first time it happened was afetr I was diagnosed with acid reflux and was triggering awful anxiety attacks. Always had this feeling like I was going to pass out or die. The feeling of not being here eventually wore off after about 8 months. Changed diet, exercising, and lowered stress. I know that it is a very strange feeling, but just give it time. It does go away.
|

replied September 19th, 2011
hi i hav exacly the same feeling as you two and its feels like you cant tell enyone what you feel like and that your not real and everything around you is not real i hav resantly moved schools because of a bad time over there that ended up with me having the risk that i could get beaten up every time i walked out side my door, even by my so could best m8s, my mum has been in hospital for about 2 years on and off and everything changes when i moved schools, i was hopeing after a couple months this feeling would were off and every thing would be back to normal but it hasent and i cant even rember what it feels like to be real agin ,what can i do to make things back to normal ????????????????????????????????????????
|

replied January 31st, 2014
the thing you said about not being able to remember what it feels like to be me again really rang a bell for me.....i feel weird at times, like being there but not really being there somedays are better than others but it is still there., and trying to be me again but it's just all so strange. i heard on youtube someone said you are not alone in this and to take walks, exercise and think of something else at the times this happens and it will eventuallt go away...i am trying!
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2009
Supporter
Josiek8, Your dream of swimming; Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge. You are 15 and you are growing as a young woman. I did not take from your post that you are strung out on drugs! Smile You are feeling lost and you have been sick, which can make you feel worse. You are searching right now. Feeling spaced out and not "there" as you stated makes me wonder what is happening around you? I would also like to add that commencing your period will add many changes in your body. Hormones can play a lot in to what you are going through. What hobbies do you have? How is school going?
|

replied October 12th, 2011
hmm, well i kinda know what yaw are talking about, i think im going through the same thing! i feel like im forgetting things though, and im not, everything feels so unfamiliar, but then again, i know my family, i know where im at, i question life, and everything about it, nothing seems real, even when i go outside, just looks like im looking at a picture, and when im inside, i just wanna lay down, and watch tv, i dont wanna touch anything, i cant even clean! and whats bad about it, is im 28 weeks pregnant! and i dont wanna keep feeling this way! i wanna feel like myself again! i have no ideaw what to do, i feel like im going crazy! and no one understands! feels like it will never go away! i feel so alone, and like i dont know anyone around me, my family, my husband... its the worst feelings ever! :[ i have let it consume me completely, its all i can seem to think about!
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
dont feal here
ya the same thing is happening to me it is really wierd but iv been going to the docs about it and they say i need some therapy and some dipresion pills and say it is because of hormones and it also can be that your brain dosent have anufe omega 3 so u can eat fish of brown eggs but only brown white dont have omega 3 but the fealing is so weird that it doesnt even make sense like explaining it is hard
|

replied February 25th, 2012
This feeling has been following me on and off for over a year now. Like most of you have said, its something you cant even explain. I feel like I have no idea whats going on around me, and Im struggling to remember anything I do anymore. (Even if it was an hour ago). Ive struggled with anxiety, but I thouhgt I was getting better. I too, have a cough that wont go away. Everything adding up is scaring me and making me feel like Im dying. I dont know what to do. :/ But it is so comforting to hear that Im not the only one.
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
My 15 y/o said she feels like she's not really here too. So it concerned me. So I looked up "felling like I'm not really here" and it brought me to this website. We just moved and she had to leave her friends and boyfriend and she is sad a lot and I think it is depression and anxiety. I'm putting her in a church youth group tomorrow. I feel so bad for her but we had to move for work.
|

replied December 25th, 2012
I have the same thing but what is worse is that I'm 13 and very sporty I'm trying to piece all the problems together I started having this after I found out about my heart problem I them forgot about all of them bad things and then started getting dizzy all the time i have no idea what to do half the time so I say to my self over and over again
"THIS IS NOT HAPPENING I WILL GO BACK TO MY SELF WHEN I OPEN MY EYES"
It helps a little bit but I'm lost in my own body I don't no who Iam anymore and it's hard so please help me if you have any ideas for me
|