Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

feels like air bubbles running up my side near my heart

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Hello everyone,
So ive been on the cambridge diet for a while now done well lost quite a bit of weight. so ive got what feels like air bubbles running up my left side near my heart and a bit lower??? ive also got constipation at the minute i used to get the bubbles before the diet every now and again but would go straight away. ive had this these all week. i do drink a lot of carbonated water so i thoought it was that so i stopped but its still here. im pretty sure its nothing to do with my heart cause im still here lol but i when its near my heart i start panicking a bit. ive checked my pulse when it happens so its not heart pulpatations. any ideas???

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Answer A31921
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the chest discomfort and bubbles sensation that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. The extreme diet chances and lifestyle changes can cause major changes in your body leading to varied symptoms. You should consider visiting your doctor for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. If needed, you can also consider taking opinion from a cardiologist. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Practice relaxation techniques for stress relief.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.