Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

feels as if someone is sitting on my chest?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Having really bad chest pain almost feels as if someone is sitting on my chest & occasional sharp pains in chest anyone know what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1262012
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
Pressure on the chest can be caused by heart problems.
However, you don't give us information about your age, sex, occupation, family history, habits, how long the pain lasts, what brings it on, what eases the pain, whether it occurs at night, whether movement affects it, whether eating affects it, etc etc. On page 18 of my book for the laity on Chest Pain When and When Not to Worry (Pelican Publisher, Gretna, LA)I discuss the descriptive language of chest pain - which is pertinent to your question.
To speculate on "what this could be" would be a mistake.
I suggest you consult a doctor about this symptom and be prepared to provide much more information.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|

replied April 21st, 2012
chest problems
i also have pain in my chest im 20 year old women. it comes and go's. I guess its not really pain it feels hard to breath as if someone is stepping on me. it has just started sence i had my baby he is now 3 months old so i dont know what it could be.Latly it lasts for a cuple of days and goes away but when its here it scares me. i dont know why it starts but i need to find out how to control it ofr get meds so if you know whhat i should do please help!!!!!!
|

replied June 8th, 2012
All problems with no reason....
Anxiety is the cause of every negative 'physical' problem i've encountered.
Hard to breath at night, apnea, heart beat palpatations etc....all from anxiety.
Turns out, it is beacause I can release the anger. This will result in a blank rage where anything could happen with me having no feeling towards it at all.

Everyone said I should deal with the root of the problem, which unfortinately for me, will, HAS to be violence. This is the suppressed emotion which will come out one way or another.
I hope you can understand - you MUST deal with anyone giving you a hard time. If you are not in a profession, violence I promise, will cure you. Not too violent though - just enough.
Matt.
|

replied October 13th, 2012
Yea because violence is definitely the solution to anxiety. You will still have the problems that made you anxious in the first place and have more in the end if violence is really how you solve your issues.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.