Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Feelings of loneliness and hopelessness

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
This is very hard to describe. It is almost a feeling of complete hopelessness and loneliness. I often cry myself to sleep, but about no particular thing. I've been thinking very hard about this, and it seems this happens any time that I am not with people talking, or extensively thinking. It is always at night once I am alone and not doing anything, or when i am listening to music. Any type of music at all. Even AC/DC, but I find that the more i like the song, the more i get sad, and the faster. But if I'm feeling this way, then start talking to someone (my theory is now I'm using my brain more and getting rid of thoughts), I snap out of it. I have always been extremely bright, a solid IQ of 150, and I constantly have to be doing something that involves thinking; playing with things, tapping, moving... I've been to countless doctors and psychiatrists, my blood count is normal and i do not have depression or anything. Is this a sleeping disorder? I really need help

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2010
Mental Conditions Answer A11600
Thanks for using this forum.

It seems that you are feeling quite low and sad and unable to find a reason for that.

The problem may well lie with thinking too much about things that really should not matter in routine life. This happens especially with people who have high intellect.

My advice would be to seek the help of a psychologist, get a few therapeutic sessions, take a break, change your routine, adopt a new hobby and don't be alone if possible. Vent out everything to your near and dear ones, do not pack emotions inside you and you may very well be a new person.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.