Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Feeling very depressed. There's nothing to look forward to

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I'm pretty much just really sad alot of the times. I know I most likely have depression. Words can't explain how sad I've been feeling. Everyday it seems like it's getting worse and worse. I have very low self esteem which is probably the cause of it all. I'm not very good at explaIning how I feel. I cut myself alot. I hate myself. I'm ugly and I've been told it too. I just feel stuck and I felt like venting I guess. I cry most of the time and my anxiety is very bad. I get very nervous when I go out. I hate crowds. Whenever I tell someone how o feel, they don't take me seriously. I want to die. There's more reasons why I feel soo horrible but I'm not going to type everything down. I know this sounds dumb and stupid. i feel trapped. I'm too shy to do anything. I'm 16 and a girl. Everyone around me is happy except me. I try to be but I really can't no matter how hard I try. I havent been to school either. I just don't feel confortable there and I just don't have motivation. I guess I just need words of encouragement.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper NancyDrew
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2011
Experienced User
It'll be ok. I'm sorry you're going through this Sad You're not alone, I'm still in treatment for it. It does get better though.

Chances are you're not ugly and you don't want to die you want the pain to die. Don't be afraid to reach out! I remember being stuck at 16, just like that. I never thought I'd make it but I did and I'm still here. It's sounds so cliche but that is a really hard age but you can do it. You came here and told us how you feel, that shows strength.

It might look dark and scary right now but it won't forever. God has a plan for you. It's in action right now. Hold on *hugs*
|

Thankyou for those kind words. It brought a smile on my face:) I hope it dies get better though..
|

** does
|

replied September 26th, 2011
If you can do it. You will happy again..you are a good example of me. I have same feeling like you.
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Aw thanks. But it's so hard. I look at everyone else and they seem so happy. I don't know why I feel so down. I just do. I have no self esteem and nothing good ever happens to me. Smh I hate myself
|