Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Feeling so left out..

User Profile
A lot of people manage to get a loving relationship or get married and have children even people who are not attractive. I'm a female who's 44yrs old and I never manage to get a boyfriend or husband. I'm not a bad looking lady, but I always have trouble getting a loving relationship.. I've been rejected by guys so many times since high school. The last time I got rejected was over 10yrs ago.. Recently I met this guy at work and we hit it off so well that I thought I finally going to get my chance, but it turns out that he's gay.. That devastates me so much.. What is wrong with me? Why can't I have a loving relationship or get married and have kids like everyone else? Why do I have to end up like this? I'm so afraid that I'm going to be this way for the rest of my life.. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2011
Experienced User
First off, I'm glad you think of yourself as "not bad looking." That shows that you have decent self-esteem and you're willing to put yourself out there Smile But putting yourself out there sometimes comes along with heartbreak, unfortunately. It happens to the best of us. I've been rejected countless times myself.. But, no matter how many times you've probably heard this before : you have to pick yourself up and keep going with your head held high. There's someone out there for you hun. It may be days, weeks, months, or even years and years until you find him, but he'll be there and he'll love you with all his heart and soul. There is nothing wrong with you at all. So don't think that. You've just had bad luck is all; absolutely nothing wrong with you in any way. Hope this helped and i Hope you find the man of your dreams very soon Smile
Lylan
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2011
"It may be days, weeks, months, or even years and years until you find him, but he'll be there and he'll love you with all his heart and soul."

Laughing Yeah right! I'll probably be a senior citizen by the time that happens.. I might as well be dead.. Maybe I should pray to be reincarnated into another human being with a better life after I die.
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2011
Experienced User
Don't think like that. Nothing is going to happen that's positive if you have such pessimistic ways of looking at things. Half the time, those that find someone aren't even looking. Maybe if you put this relationship stuff aside for the moment and focus on other things. you can try to boost self esteem, and like bastionv said below, work on getting involved and getting out. Maybe then you will find someone. Just don't lose hope. Losing hope is never the right option. Just take care of yourself and have fun! you only have one life. Live it to the fullest.
Lylan
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Do you get out much? Try going to the Gym..always a good place to meet people not to mention, it will make you feel better and releive some stress as well as give you a distraction. You can also join Social Networking sites..you never know who you will meet on there. Find old friends and make plans with them. They may know someone who is single. If it doesnt happen for you, Have a kid by yourself or adopt or raise Foster Children. The Kid thing never worked out for me. Always wanted children. I ended up marrying someone who had a Vasectomy. I was tired of waiting for someone. Im sorry that you feel bad. When you quit looking, thats usually when you find someone. Try to get out there and meet people. You can also meet people at Church or join a volunteer group. Good luck and I wish you much happiness.
|

replied October 19th, 2013
Daisy, i am 13 in middle school and i have no friends. People are nice to me but i never feel welcome. Im similar to a floater but i guess im more alone. Sometimes i feel like im out in the cold and no one will let me inside its like they assume that i have my own cozy home when really im homeless im alone and affraid. Every day i feel more depressed i somtimes pinch my wrist and im affraid that depression is getting the better of me i had one good friend when i was younger and now shes the most popular girl in school she comes over somtimes but she just plays on my computer. Why am i alone? I might not be a super model but i thought i was slighty pretty i have a large sense of humor and Im not shy
Yet still no one will let me in
|