Medical Questions > Relationships > Divorce Forum

feeling really down while going thru divorce process

i was married for over 23 years until she left me about 4 years ago after she came into some money from her late father. while married i was being treated for sever depression due to the marriage, job in law enforcement and general day to day living. about 2 years after she left i was able thur the help of my doctor to get off my meds and things really started to look better. i felt good everyday and started living again. i did attempt to commit suicide once before she left but that was because i was on too many meds and once that was fixed, things got better. but now that she has come back and is suing me for a divorce and threating to take everything that i have left i find myself slipping back into the dark side from which i came out of. i do have a lawyer who is handling my side but the way the divorce laws are in my state it looks like i am at a disadvantge and i can not help but feel that i am going to lose it. talking to family is no good since they have their own problems and i really don't want them to see just what a mess i am in, pride in our family was important. i just want someone to tell me if what i am going thur is normal or what suggestions they may have to help me get over this rough spot in my life. i looked for divorce support groups in my area but the nearest one is 100 miles away and i can't afford the trip.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2012
I know exactly how you are feeling. I too was overly medicated and tried suicide this past October. Once off life support my husband told me I was not allowed home. I had to go 3 hours away and leave my children. Once the medications were out of my system I am back to my normal self. Have a great paying job. But now he is wanting a divorce so I feel myself unable to cope as I do not want to be divorced.
|
Did you find this post helpful?