Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Feeling of liquid in lungs

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I CONSTANTLY feel like there is liquid in my lungs. I have to keep clearing my throat and it drives everyone who is near me nuts.

This has been going on for about a year now. Sometimes I also feel pressure in my chest. I have recently had several courses of antibiotics for an abscess tooth that was extracted and already taken care of, so if anything was bacterial I am sure it would have been cleared up.

It gets worse when I lay down, especially flat on my back. I am always easily out of breath also, and taking hot showers or baths seems to be hard on me as well. It makes it hard to breathe when I try to sleep, even on my side or stomach. I don't know what to do, but I'm going to go CRAZY! HELP!!!!!!!

More possible helpful information - I am a 23 year old female weighing 139 pounds at 5'7 3/4". I live a moderately active lifestyle. I am also under a tremendous amount of stress not only from school but family as well, and my health. I have had two children who are now 2 and 4 but they don't live with me.

I suffer Asthma and Crohn's Disease.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, Lunarveil!
Chest tightness, pain, or pressure and getting easily out of breath (shortness of breath) are symptoms of what you have been already diagnosed, asthma.
Trouble sleeping and losing your breath easily or shortness of breath is also, recognize as an early warning sign of an asthma attack or that the present one is getting worse.

Do you relate feeling of liquid in your lungs and need to clear your throat constantly?

Do you have the feeling that mucus is accumulating in the throat or dripping from the back of your nose?

Are you experiencing nasal congestion?

Do you suffer from allergies?
|
Did you find this post helpful?