Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Feeling moods , extremely flustered

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
User Profile
when i feel moods i feel them to extremes either i am so mad or so sad or so happy but never a combo. I find it hard for me to be able to comfort other people or be able to get close. I am extremely apathetic towards everything in life including basic decisions. I have trouble being able to motivate myself until the very last minute before something needs to be done. i feel like i have been doing things in repetition and i always need to double check to make sure i have done something even something minuscule or i will obsess about it. Ive been doing all of these things for a good majority of my teenage years but not i feel like things have gotten worse. its hard for me to focus on certain concepts and if i am unable to grasp something or think to hard about it my body shuts down and i become extremely flustered i become hot and my brain hurts and i feel like my vision shuts down.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2010
Bipolar Disorder Answer A15567
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by mood swings and repetition and obsession regarding some daily tasks.
Bipolar disorder usually starts in age group 20-30 years but many have premorbid symptoms in late childhood or early adolescence. Women are likely to have more depressive and men more manic episodes over a lifetime. You might fit the diagnosis of Bipolar disorder that can only be ascertained by your psychiatrist after a detailed history and analysis and the same cannot be made online. You need an urgent appointment with your psychiatrist who might like to analyse your case thoroughly and institute appropriate therapy. The other coexisting disorder in your case could be obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), the diagnosis of which needs substantiation by a psychiatrist.
You must consult your psychiatrist for definitive diagnosis as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.