Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feeling like I'm in a dream.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I'm feeling like I'm in a dream state, kinda out of mind/out of body. Like everything is surreal. I know I have some kind of anxiety even though I haven't got fully diagnosed with it. But I get these overwhelming feeling of me being in a dream state where I get scared and have a panic attack somewhat. I'm always worried something is wrong with me and I don't know if there is. I am on my period too and have been feeling lonely because of my girlfriend being gone..any thoughts please help. Is this normal or a form of a mental disorder like schizophrenia?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ItsAciD
|

replied January 5th, 2012
I have the same problem.... I'm always worried about everything, and lately I have moments where I feel like my body is present but my spirit is somewhere else. I also have states in which I feel as if I'm in a dream. It gets really weird.... and I don't know why....
|

replied August 6th, 2012
Ok paste what I said in a different similar thread

Everything will be ok, I have had this for two years and trust me, it will go away no matter how unreal you feel or the things surrounding you. You might feel like, and you have something else and think it's not derealization its something more different am I alive? How do I know I'm alive? Wow is this me in the mirror, ilook so strange, why do I have eyes ears nose, etc. How do I know how to breath how to speak how to move my hands, this is so weird. I'm stuck inside a body what is up with that? Wow these are my parents? They look different. They look like... Um... Strangers or hmm like aliens. Wow look how they move the eyes so weird. O mom you said something? What did you say, I was hearing you but not listening.

These are the things I felt, and questioned, but trust me it will go away. Like people say, to overcome it you have to have to have to have to ignore it, no matter how hard it is when you feel you don't exist. If you need any help with anything feel to email me. Don't be afraid to ask anything, trust me I been through every anxiety symptom.. Hope this helps.
|

replied March 17th, 2013
Hello,

I'm glad you wrote on ehealthforum.com.
I have had experienced most of the symptoms you presented. The problem is that I am still not recovered after so many years.
It may be very helpful for me if you would be so nice and tell me what diagnostic you had and what treatment.

Kind regards,
George
|

replied March 23rd, 2013
Well it was GAD, and i got prescribed lexapro, then i changed to celexa, which is somewhat similiar to lexapro. Lexapro worked for me, but the price was ridiculous, so my doc prescribed me celexa, and it worked as well. Basically getting rid of Derealization means getting rid of what the cause is. In my case, I was anxious about alot of things, and well i still am.(I guess that is just my trait) but learning that the problems you have is not cancer nor something terrible, just plain old anxiety(HUGE LIST OF SYMPTOMS FROM A SMALL RASH TO NUMBSNESS TINGLING CHEST PAIN ETC,) Basically that, when you ACCEPT that it is anxiety it will go away. But still if you concentrate on something and look at it different you might suddenly get DR but keeping those negative thoughts under control is what helped me. When i feel anxious im like. (excuse my language) Why the f**K am I anxious?!?!?!? Should I be? No.... And basically tell my self, calm the F**K down your alright. I know it seems weird but when you cuss at yourself gives it the ummff to it, instead of saying i am ok nothing is going to happen. Just seems to fake for me hahhahhaa. But yea thats my story haha. If you need help with something let me know. I'll reply as soon as I can. Let me know if you have strange sensations feelings symptoms, i practically had everything xD anyways have a nice day. And have faith. Cheers!
|

replied March 26th, 2013
Stress and past traumas can result in dissociation, which can feel mild, like spacey, all the way to the feeling that you're out of your body. A trauma that happened years ago can produce this effect years later, so we can't always associate the phenomenon to the cause. Look into having some trauma work done. I'd recommend a someone who specializes in Somatic Awareness like Somatic Experiencing.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
Many of these comments have helped.But what things can make it worse? sometimes for me playing to much video games or to much computer i think makes me worse but proper sleeping helps .
|