Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Feeling empty and alone

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Hi I am just on here because I'm feeling not completely all-out depressed but down in a way though because of the fact I have been alone for 3 years now and I am 21 years old. My last girlfriend and I didn't work out and I ended breaking it off with her which I actually had to do because the relationship was getting violent and neither one of us clearly wanted it anymore. I'm not here to complain about some relationship nobody knows anything about but just to say I'm lonely and don't even have many friends really that I see in person. Sure, I text some and talk to them every so often but that's not like hanging out with someone frequently you know? Inside myself I feel very hollowed out so-to-speak and empty in a way that makes me feel like this is going to be permanent and there's little hope I can ever find a true sense of happiness that I've been longing for my whole life. I am doing counseling right now with a guy here close to where I go to college and he's nice and all and is helpful, so that's about the best thing I have going for me. I am doing better academically than last semester which is also a plus but none of it really seems to "bring me up" and make me feel better. I try to exercise and do a lot of modified yoga (mostly stretching with breathing) but I still go to bed and wake up with this sense of sorrow and unsatisfaction in a way I have a hard time expressing through words.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 9th, 2017
Sometimes loneliness is my good friends!I like to listen to sad music when I'm sad to make me double sad. I love being alone, but I hate being lonely.
|

replied April 19th, 2017
I know what you mean man.I got left while I was on deployment. He planned it that way. It did down me for the longest time. Also, when I say left, we were married. Though I'm still dealing with depression, I look back on that ordeal and giggle slightly (wasn't funny when it happened of course). One thing I do to help control those moods is I play an instrument. It was suggested to me by someone who was (sadly) also dealing with depression. It worked (and works) wonders. This may seem silly, but I implore you to try!

My 2 cents.
|

replied May 25th, 2017
Go to your parents and live with them. This is the best solution for you.
|
Quick Reply