Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Feeling dyslexic and smelling burnt toast

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am experiencing a series of different disturbances. I have had shooting pains randomly occour in my left side, under my rib cage. I am dizzy, and cannot see properly. I have been having problems understanding people when they talk to me, as well as reading in general; the words still fit together properly, but the entire page appears blurry and unfocused. I have been constantly smelling burning toast for the past couple days, again, mainly on my hands, but no one else can smell it. There is a pressure in my head, especially on my right temple. My hands are shaky, and my thumbs (mainly my right) are in tremendous pain. I really do not know what is happening with me. Does anyone have any idea? Please, this has been occurring for a while now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2009
Community Volunteer
You need to present this to your physician for an accurate diagnosis...soon.

Best Wishes,

Zig
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Smelling unpleasant odors when not present along with affected brain functions (reading, understanding what is read), headache, blurry vision, may indicate something serious as brain tumor.
Smell hallucinations can be symptom of migraine, seizure, respiratory infection (chronic sinusitis, rhinitis), too.

See your physician!
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
Obviously it's way too late for this - but I would have said:
Sounds like a stroke - you should go to the emergency room immediately!
|

replied January 17th, 2010
i have worked with individuals with epilepsy and pre and pot seizure activity can produce this sensory hallucination.most any dr would recognize this symptom as abnormal brain activity.go to dr and im positive that with your symptoms you will not be ignored as these are neurological symptoms.fiftycents
|

replied January 18th, 2010
It sounds like tumor to me....
|