Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension Forum

feeling dizzy and weak

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I'm feeling dizzy and weak. What should I do
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Sudden onset of symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, fatigue etc in person, in normal situations could be be due to hypotensive states.

Please note if you have some important signs, including -
1. Chest pain,
2. Loss of consciousness or state of reduced responsivity
3. Pale skin color (pallor)
4. Severe prostration (Sweating), moist skin
5. Incontinence of urine or stools,
6. Decreased or no urine output
7. Low body temperature
8. Anxiety or agitation
9. Cool, clammy skin
10. Rapid breathing

Presence of such signs could indicate that you may need immediate medical attention and investigation to know the cause of your symptoms.

In the absence of the above symptoms, could be physiological, or associated with benign positional vertigo.

If the dizziness occurs occasionally, and only in certain positions, it could be due to benign positional vertigo, and might be helped with medications like cinnarizine or meclizine.

You might consult a doctor, for an examination and tests including a EKG, echocardiogram, to rule out other causes of your symptoms.

I hope this helps.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
what does it mean if i'm feeling dizzy, keep falling asleep, and have constant chest pain? i also feel hot and sweaty suddenly and for no reason, and go pale alot.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
You need medical attention immediately. Contact your doctor or get to an ER.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
I always feel dizzy and feel like i want to sleep always, i also feel hot and sweaty for no reason . I dont want can be the cause of this . any ideas? i've been taking medication for my amoebiasis . is this connected?
|

replied March 12th, 2012
I have had problem with low blood pressure for over ten years I didn't realize what it was untill I got into medical school. My dizzy clammy skin seeing spots weakness was low blood but drs never told me what was wrong. Untill at school we started doing vitals and my bp was allways so low.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.