Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feeling dizzy and tightness in head (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am a 24 year old female. I have never really had any problems like this before but for the past week I have been suffering from dizziness (its like I feel sort of unbalanced) that comes and goes throughout the day and also there is some kind of pressure/tightness in my head thats mainly in my temples or forehead, sometimes I feel the pressure on the bridge of my nose and a tightness in my jaw at times. Now, it doesn't really hurt but its uncomfortable. I have been stressing and having Anxiety about a certain situation that happened not too long ago. I have almost been obsessing over it. I was putting my self into panic attacks over and over again the past week. I saw the Dr. and she gave me some Anti-Anxiety medication but also she said if these symptoms don't go away in 10 days with help of the medication then I have to get a CAT Scan. I am nervous that there is something seriously wrong with me. Has anyone ever experienced similar symptoms?? If so, what was it from? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1970pat
|

replied July 10th, 2008
I've had that happen to me before. It lasted about a week. It was an uncomfortable pain. I endd up going to the ER one night cuz I was so scared and I think my anxiety was making it worse and I ended up getting a CT scan and it was negative and within a day or 2 the feeling was gone. It comes back every once in a while but its due to stress. I do breathing exercises every morning when I wake up, immediately when I wake up (still laying in bed) ... and a little tylenol helps too and is real soft on your stomach. I also try to focus on something else instead of thinking about my head.
|

replied November 11th, 2011
hi teary i get all sorts of things happening to me lightens in head and palpation's and anxiety.its really scary i hate them.i think the more we think about it they get worse
|

replied December 20th, 2011
read
hey get an MRI i had that... my ct scan was normal but my MRI showed spots. CT SCANS are not reliable enough ....demand an MRI that's my best advice. it's more advanced technology and shows a lot more on the scan than a ct scan.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2008
Experienced User
Could you be suffering from sinus problems too? It sounds like it when you say that you're experiencing pressure/tightness in your head and bridge of your nose. I am 24 also, and I am having some sinus problems right now, and the worst part about all of it is the dizzy feeling. Like you said, feeling off balance. I have also been stressing about a lot of things lately and it seems that when I'm stressed out I feel WORSE and the dizziness is worse too. I just want it to go away. I have experienced similiar symptoms to yours and they were always caused by sinuses. Hope this helps you out some.
|

replied July 13th, 2008
I forgot to write that when I posted before.

When the headaches get really bad, like when I can feel all the tightness in my head, I take Sudafed Sinus Head Ache ... works amazing ... relieves all the pressure within a 1/2 hour ...
|

replied July 13th, 2008
palpatations, dizziness, anxiety
i am 27. i have similar symptoms. often throughout the day i feel as if i am floating, i feel dizzy, nervous, and i feel my heartbeat. i feel as though i am shaking inside. the feelings can last hours, and go away for a while but then come back. i am very anxious because of some events that have happenned in my life. i went to the doctor and he put me on a holter monitor which was negative. i suggested an MRI of my head but he did not recommend it. he just felt it was anxiety. it sucks so bad and i hope one day it leaves me. i try to pray but being still seams to make it worse. exercise does help but the symptoms always return.
|
Users who thank palptoo for this post: JennaLynn 

replied September 23rd, 2011
THERE ALSO
I HAVE BEEN THROUGH 100% OF THIS SAME THING AND STILL EXPERIENCE THE FULL HEAD FEELING AND LIKE I AM GOING TO FALL OVER . SPECIALLY WHEN I GET UP OR TURN TO GO INTO ANOTHER ROOM..SOME DAYS ARE WORSE THEN OTHERS....TALKED TO 22 DOCTORS AND 3 TRIPS TO THE ER TO HAVE THEM ALL SAY ANXIETY.....HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER FAST . THIS IS NO FUN...
|

replied May 26th, 2013
thank you so much! thank you thank you!
|

replied July 20th, 2008
anxiety attacks and dizziness
Hi I am sad yet relieved to hear that there are so many people that have my symptoms. I really thought I was dying or going crazy. I have chronic almost constant dizziness and a feeling that I can't breath or that my heart is beating so slowly that it is going to stop when I am sleeping then it beats like crazy when I wake up since I am so nervous that I am dying. But even on a good day during the day sometimes all of a sudden it can hit me out of the blue and I will be so dizzy and feel so wierd that I feel like I am going to just drop dead. When I am out alone with my kids it scares me so much. I am almost always dizzy and I am so scared that this feeling will never get better or go away. I have tried a natural herb call L theonine which helps but it still always comes back. Any suggestions will help. Anyone else in the same boat???? Rolling Eyes
|
Users who thank casani for this post: tires 

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2011
im on the same boat as u!!! i feel that!!! i have anxiety issues and lots of anxiety problems due to situations in my life... and i feel dizzy all the time!!! its bloody agonizing!!! and frustrating!!! when i go on the street it feels like im walking into s and it feels like im going to die or faint in there!!! i have this symptoms for almost 2 months now since this anxiety problem started.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
same thing here. i have had anxiety since 2005. Its an ever evolving group of symptoms for me. At first it was that i was going crazy, then heart attack, now the dizziness. I got on here just now for some reassure that it is anxiety. I have been dizzy off and on for awhile now. 1 1/2 years. Just now- I was sitting down and got super whoozy and foggy for absolutely no reason. It had been a great day! UGH! It always throws me off on the good days. I got up and went into a room where the kids are thinking I better be where someone can see me in case I drop over and need help!!! Then I was 50% better. Still dizzy but not like I was. UGH! I want an MRI or PET scan of the whole body- so the what ifs and fear will 100% be just a figment of my imagination!!! I know they are but I want proof! So annoying!
|

replied March 5th, 2012
i have been going through the same thing for the last 6yrs ive been diagnosed with ptsd anxiety goraphobia agrophobia yyou name it! The past 10 days have been awful the pressure in my head and on the bridge of my nose have been constant normally this feeling comes and goes but its been constant? Went to er they gave me antibiotics said it probably sinuitis but ive been on antibiotics for 6 days and its no better so if i dont die tonight im going to another er in the morning i have a lot of fatigue and pressure in my head jaw and neck im praying for all of yall i hope you will do the same for me. Ive had an mri it didnt show anything but im asking for another one in the morning ill let ya know god bless
|

replied July 18th, 2011
anxiety
I developed anxiety when I moved away from my small home town and into a city where I knew nobody, my husband worked long hours and I was at home taking care of my 2 year old. I became very depressed and had all the symptoms like u, the part where I thought I was going to die, literally came everyday throughout the day, I almost just wanted to die so I didnt have to live it.... The doc put me on medication, I went through 3 different kinds but hated all the side effects. My husband lost his job and we moved back, my anxiety lasted about 3 months after and then suddenly stopped. It has been 3 years, I am still in this same town and just today I had a panic attack and had to splash cold water on my face, the anxiety lasted about an hour and is gone. This sucks, it forces me to fear for my life. My boy is 6 now and I also have another 6 month old boy. When will this go away? It prolly wont, I jus pray I never kill over in front of my boys, and if I do, I hope that there is another adult here so they r not alone....
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
Have u had aany resolve we are 2 in the same
|

replied July 18th, 2011
I developed anxiety when I moved away from my small home town and into a city where I knew nobody, my husband worked long hours and I was at home taking care of my 2 year old. I became very depressed and had all the symptoms like u, the part where I thought I was going to die, literally came everyday throughout the day, I almost just wanted to die so I didnt have to live it.... The doc put me on medication, I went through 3 different kinds but hated all the side effects. My husband lost his job and we moved back, my anxiety lasted about 3 months after and then suddenly stopped. It has been 3 years, I am still in this same town and just today I had a panic attack and had to splash cold water on my face, the anxiety lasted about an hour and is gone. This sucks, it forces me to fear for my life. My boy is 6 now and I also have another 6 month old boy. When will this go away? It prolly wont, I jus pray I never kill over in front of my boys, and if I do, I hope that there is another adult here so they r not alone....
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
I'm going threw the same thing,feel like you still moving but you not, it's no pain just a nervous feeling. I'm going to the ENT which i'm getting treated for imblalance where they said its something like crystal floting in the head that making me off balance have to do treatment where they puts u in a neck brace for 2 days and u have to keep head upright for 2 days. Haven't work yet but hope it will,it is an bad feeling
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
my family doctor told me that- about the crystal rocks. Whatever- it comes and goes so I don't know if I believe that. i know there is an eply maneuver you can do that helps. I think that's the name of it.http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/di sorders/bppv/bppv.html
but I really just think mine is anxiety- an ativan does wonders. I don't think it would work if there was a real medical issue. I could be wrong.Wouldn't be the first time!
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2012
RE: Anxiety
Hi Casani Smile
I just wanted to write and see how you are dealing with things now?
I have the same problem as you now, and I read all these discussions and notice they just suddenly stop and I am terrified its because the people writing them all died!
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
Oh my gosh I am always dizzy all the time too! Whenever my family all leave during the day for work I really freak out because what if I pass out and I'm on my own!??? Have you found anything that makes it better? The only time I feel good is when I first wake up in the morning, as soon as I stand up to start my day BAM the dizzyness comes. Its embarassing and got to the stage where I had to quit my job over it!
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Wow i am going through the same thing, I just had my son 3 months ago and I started to have cheat pain this week. Years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety and was on meds for a very long time, I got off of them 4 years ago and started running which helped so much. I am back to running a little bit but no where near what I was doing. When I am home alone with my son I have this constant fear that something is going to happen to me and no one will know and my son will be all alone. Just today the symptoms have gotten worse, fuzzy cloudy head and pressure. The weird thing is that I am not stressed! I love being home and my baby is so well behaved! He is such a good baby and when my husband comes home he is so supportive and helpful so I'm confused why I am feeling this way. In the back of my mind I am just scared of something happening to me. I am sad that you are going thru this but it makes me feel a little better that I am not the only one.
|

replied June 20th, 2012
...same as your symptoms..ive been experiencing that kind of feeling since 5 years...maybe its due to stress or tiredness..ive been positive and think that i have to live with it...think that i ll be ok and nothing will happen to me....once you think of it..you feel nervous and it makes worsen the symptom....just be relaxed and just try to exercise the vertigo exercises ...that helped me a lot....and everytime i feel dizzy i used to it and can handle it anymore......
|

replied June 20th, 2012
...same as your symptoms..ive been experiencing that kind of feeling since 5 years...maybe its due to stress or tiredness..ive been positive and think that i have to live with it...think that i ll be ok and nothing will happen to me....once you think of it..you feel nervous and it makes worsen the symptom....just be relaxed and just try to exercise the vertigo exercises ...that helped me a lot....and everytime i feel dizzy i used to it and can handle it anymore......
|

replied July 20th, 2008
dizziness
I am dizzy almost all of the time. I feel like headed like I will drop dead at any moment. My throat can feel tight like the feeling you get when you are about to cry but it doesnt go away. It can wake me up at night feeling dizzy. It is such a scary feeling since it never goes away and I don't know what to do.
|

replied July 20th, 2008
Teeth Clenching/ Grinding connection to the dizzies
Hi All -

If you have stress and anxiety you probably tend to clench or grind your teeth - this will cause your head and face to ache and strain and in particular cause the inner ear to swell (the part that keeps you feeling in balance) and the swelling will cause you to feel dizzy or lightheaded. Then this feeling scares you and causes more stress which causes more tension in you face/head muscles and then more dizziness. If you have any neck or upper back problems this is even worse because the triangle of tension keeps the teeth clenching and the inner ear inflammed and then you are dizzy all the time.
|
Users who thank AnnieLuv for this post: miffy100  saz19 

replied January 28th, 2009
there is hope
Well it certainly is amazing how many people have the same symptoms. It really stinks because everyday you feel like you cant explain what is happening to you, and by dwelling on it it just gets worse. I'm sure all of us have this too, when you do feel better....its so great because it just feels like your at peace with yourself and are totally relaxed. You just wish it could last all the time. Its also hard to keep going to the doctor and describing your symptoms. You feel like your nuts.

I was having a pins and needles type feeling in my arms while sleeping, which would wake me.....then it would travel to different parts of my body when it wanted too. It felt like someone was poking me with a hot needle and then it would just go away. Then the tightness in the temples would come and the dizziness. Sometimes at night I would awake with my midsection feeling like it was shaking. My Doctor told me that it is anxiety and stress that is snowballing out of control. Its not a neuro disease or a brain tumor because they don't present all of these symptoms. Especially since (although it does cause fatigue) my overall muscle strength is fine.

I was on Prozac a while ago with Xanax with another doctor. There was a six month period I felt great !!! Well I have been off of that so this new doctor wants me to try Zoloft. We will see how it goes. My anxiety comes from having to retire at my job due to injury and now I'm going through bad arthritis in some locations. All that stress about worrying about making extra money in addition to a much less pension etc....just plays havoc on me when I think about it every day. So isolate what it is that is bothering you....and try to put it out of your mind somewhat. Get the right meds and see if it can calm you down. Most people like are are the same in that we are a little more compulsive than the average person and we tend to think about things too much. Hang in there everyone.

nascar
|
Users who thank nascarlurg for this post: miffy100 

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2011
its even more frustating when doctors say that it will go away and dont do any exams to you...
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Thank you so much, you were very helpful.
|

replied February 1st, 2009
being dizzy all the time
I have been to the er room 3 times and the doctors office so many times I can't even remember because I am constantly dizzy all the time and I keep having heart palpitations. They have done a mri a heart monitor and checked my thyroid several times I have been on meclizine, valium, zoloft, several heart medicines and abilify. I have been suffering from this for 7 months now. I just had a baby 9 months ago and I have pretty much missed out on most of her life because of this. I get this wild hair up my butt thinking I am going to go shopping or play with my daughter and as soon as I get up and start doing things I get this feeling as if I am going to faint and it scares the crap out of me. My husband is sick of hearing me complain about it. THe doctors just keep telling me I'm ok. And all I can think about is theres something wrong because I can tell you right now If i knew this was going to happen to me I would of made the best out of my life before hand and I hope and pray that this will go away but every day passes and all I can think about is this is going to kill me or something cus its the most horrible feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied March 29th, 2011
I had all these problems before. I felt sick everyday! I was tired, dizzy nervous, going to the E.R. I went to the doctor all they did as give me medication that made me feel worse. Just remember one thing it can�t hurt you. I used to over evaluate everything. I used to always think of worst case scenarios. I started to pray first of all. I also started to do acupuncture. It is a amazing how acupuncture makes you feel better. I want you to get a piece of paper on one side of the paper I want you to write your negative thinking and on the other side write your positive thinking. Do this through the day for about a week. You will notice that your negative thinking is way greater that the positive thinking. My opinion is that you have to have more positive thinking and you will be amazed on how you will feel. If you put GOD first in your life you will get your life back! Good Luck!
Jacob
|

replied July 9th, 2011
awesome Jacob, I totally agree with you. God is the answer. I know I have a lot of troubles with dizzyness, bad nerves, feeling like Im going to faint, even as far as not wanting to be alone. I keep thinking maybe Diabetes or something like that, but soon realize when I am focused on this bad feeling it just gets out of control, heart beats faster and so on. Praying makes me feel better, I did a low dose ( 10 mg ) of Prozac for 6 months - actually felt better while I was on it and now I've been off of it for about 4 months and IM starting to relaspe a little bit, But then I try to think positive thoughts and say a prayer............. Patrick
|

replied June 20th, 2012
yah you are right.....ive learned from you a lot...
|

replied November 9th, 2011
Hi alicialg, im currently 23 weeks pregnant and suffering with depression and anxiety ive also suffered years ago. I get dizziness throughout the day and feel exactly the same its very debilitating and im not enjoying my pregnancy because im anxious. My doctor has prescribed amitriptyline but its a low dose to start with he said he would increase soon, I still feel dizzy but have been told many times that once the anti depressant kicks in the anxiety and therefore the dizziness will go. ask your doctor about anti depressants that also help with panic attacks like citalopram for instance. Talk to someone like a cognitive behavioural therapist, youve not long ago had a baby and it could be post natal depression rearing its head.
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
symtoms from anxiety
Its so inteteresting to hear the issues that other people are facing from anxiety.... I had a shoulder operation 3 months ago and have since been suffering from the "foggy, spacey head, cloudy feeling". I too had CT and MRI scan but it all came back clear, I was convinced it was a side effect fron the anesthetics, but my neuroligist assures me its from "stress /anxiety"... he claims its possible to trick the brain to think its "cloudy" when its NOT... I read an interesting book about the subconscious mind and how how powerful it can control your life!! An interesting habit to form is to repeat evey night before going to sleep "you feel calm and your mind is clear and bright and you will awaken in the morning feeling full of energy".... the book claims if you repeat these types of messages over a number of weeks your subconsious mind will eventually believe these thoughts. I have been doing this over the past week and believe i've noticed a slight improvement. The book also makes a VERY GOOD POINT - "There has never been a person born with anxiety, therfore, if this condition is developed over time, then it can also be reversed over time!!... so i've accepted that once my anxiety clears then so with my "cloudy head".

regards
Steve
|

replied May 17th, 2011
Thank you, make great since!!
|

replied May 19th, 2009
dizzyness, lightheadedness, tension
I had two severe anxiety attacks two months ago. Went to the er twice and been to the doctor and therapy countless times. My blood tests, EKG, etc. and all my vital signs are healthy... But I constantly feel light headed like I'm going to faint and feel this "pulling" or "tight" sensation in my upper neck and back of my head. I feel depersonalized like everything is strange and I'm watching my body from the outside. when I feel the tension in my neck/head all I can tell myself is I have a brain tumor and it scares the hell out of me... Even though the doc, therapists, and my parents all have told me I don't. I just can't stop thnking I do.

It must be stress.... I'm going to try start exercising, eating healthier, sleeping better, and less stress and see how things go from there.

If anyone else has my symptoms please tell me!!!

It's nice to know other people experience this though. Good luck everyone!
|

replied June 24th, 2011
Dizziness and racing heart
I get the same symptoms and they scare me to death. I had to go see a Cardiologist and run on a treadmill for about 10 minutes and then they performed hundreds of photos on my heart and injected dye into me through and IV, it was horrible. I sometimes will go into my kitchen during the day and stand there and all of a sudden feel foggy headed and strange, then my heart starts beating fast and I have to lie down and calm myself down until it passes. I go to the Cardilogist next week for my test results and am scared to death. I hope these symptoms are just anxiety and or stress nothing more. I am only 50 years old and have always been in good health.
|

replied June 24th, 2011
Dizziness and racing heart
I get the same symptoms and they scare me to death. I had to go see a Cardiologist and run on a treadmill for about 10 minutes and then they performed hundreds of photos on my heart and injected dye into me through and IV, it was horrible. I sometimes will go into my kitchen during the day and stand there and all of a sudden feel foggy headed and strange, then my heart starts beating fast and I have to lie down and calm myself down until it passes. I go to the Cardilogist next week for my test results and am scared to death. I hope these symptoms are just anxiety and or stress nothing more. I am only 50 years old and have always been in good health.
|

replied August 17th, 2011
Hi, I had an infection in my throat 2 months ago. I did all the necessary test and all were normal. Even the doctor suggested that everything in my body is normal.
But still I am not convinced and always keep thinking that something is wrong with me. Recently from past 1 month, I am feeling the similar problem as yours. I feel tight sensation in my neck and head so I again visited the doctor and he suggested that this is just anxiety attacks and there is nothing wrong with me. This is just due to stress.

Now today, after reading all this comments, I am sure that this are anxiety attack and I am perfectly fit.

Thanks to the forum!!! I have started eating healthy, exercising and having positive thinking. I have now started feeling better than before. But still get the attacks sometimes.

Can anyone suggest, how to remove this from my life forever????
|

replied December 22nd, 2011
I HAVE SUFFERED FROM ANXIETY FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS NOW NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK I HAVE HAD 7 LOTS OF THERAPY TABLETS THE DR DON,T SEEM TO CARE I THINK I WILL TAKE A LEAF OUT OF YOUR BOOK AND TRY EXERCISING AND EAT HEALTHIER
AND TRY NOT TO STRESS
|

replied April 19th, 2012
anxiety, dizziness and head tightness
I have similar symptoms. I hope you found something that helps and if you have, please let me know
|

replied May 19th, 2009
dizzyness, lightheadedness, tension
Dear thisisreal1991,

I too had the "tight sensation" in my upper neck and then developed that tightness / head ache feeling across my eyes and felt like i was going to faint at times!!... In the early days (5 months ago)I would visit the doctor twice a week and was always on the internet looking for a cure for "foggy head"... believe me, I tried EVERTHING!! After months of researching anxiety I discovered this is all caused from FALSE SENSTATIONS from the brain, It is the fear of the fear that creates the wave like cycle of anxiety and panic attacks. Once that cycle is broken it is only a matter of time before your anxiety levels drop and you�ll return to normal. In my case the "foggy head / Lightheaded" feeling is caused by "adrenalin rush"... I tried Xanax for a short time (3 months) and while it relieved the panic feeling, it didn�t relieve the "foggy head" feeling. I am now taking "propranolol", its bottled as deralin. This medication blocks the adrenalin to the brain and after two weeks has made a huge difference, I am now feeling very optimistic on a full recovery.

Please remember: There are many Anxiety symptoms and what may work for me may not necessarily work for you... the Doctor is the best person to determine the correct medication.

Best of luck!!
|

replied July 18th, 2012
Did the propranolol cause coughing?
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
Dizzy, Cloudy, Tremors
I started having panic attacks about 8 years ago. I went to a therapist and took Zoloft for about 3 years. Then I decided I did not want to be on medication anymore so I stopped taking it. Everything seemed to be fine for a couple years but about 2 years ago, I started getting dizzy spells, feeling like I was going to pass out or fall over. VERY SCARY! I also get the shakes, like tremors and sometime palpatations. I went to the doctor and got some tests done but didn't receive any real answers. It's hard to deal with because you really feel like something major is wrong with you but no one can really help. I might go back to the doctor & try therapy again soon. It does give me some comfort knowing I am not alone. Good luck everyone!!
|

replied June 4th, 2009
dizzy like falling over
4 years ago lying down in bed watching TV face down i started feeling pins in my chest every 1 or two seconds not with alot of pain but very uncomfortable 2 weeks later rushed to theER in the middle of the night feeling out of breath and palpitations, which i had never gotten before. from their on i have not had a day that i feel like myself evry day pain in diffrent parts of my body always feeling out of breath palpitations and chest discomfort .the latest symptoms that i have this moment and have had for about two weeks is pressure in the back of my head and temples if im standing up i feel like im going to faint or just fall over and chest discomfort dissyness all the time and i feel i have something stuck in my throat.I thought i had felt all the sypmtoms until now i dont know what else to do.I have seen id say about 7 cardiologist 1 neurologist 2 gastroentologist and about 15 family DRS. have rushed to the ER about 5 times have had all kinds of test and thank GOD evrything comes back negative but the symptoms keep on coming back worse evry time.
|

replied June 24th, 2009
breathless, palpitations and tightness in head
im jus 14 and im triggered with anxiety...i feel tht im gonna die during a panic attack...i feel breathless, my heart palpitates faster and i hav a tightness in ma head...i tried explaining this to many doctors...but they said that im normal and nothing is wrong with me..then why am i getting these symtoms?? im tried of all this...its a horrible experience...can some1 please help me out???
|

replied May 17th, 2011
Hi, I know this is almost two years later but I too feel the shakes and weakness in my body; like its coming from deep inside me shaking. I get cold and start to panic like my body is in a panic. When my body feel like it is panicking I notice that I am thinking about it more and more; and the more I think about it I panic more. It all started 6 years ago when I began stressing over a personal situation that still somewhat persists today. I would get this cloudy feeling in my head like I am not getting enough oxygen and it feel like something is moving in there. I dealt with it for a year and found out that I have sleep apnea. After being on a CPAP machine for about two months the cloudiness went away. Then I developed anxiety (a scared feeling like something bad is about to happen but nothing never does). I mostly felt this anxiety when I was sleeping; it would wake me up and would be so scared and body shaking and chills. I then changed my environment (I moved) to a much better environment that made me happy. The symptom seemed to have gone away but my stress followed me. Visited my doctor and found out that I have high blood pressure and borderline diabetic, in addition, over weight. I got myself in the gym twice a day. The gym help me lose the weight, lowered my blood pressure, and my diabetes where unfounded. Also, the gym helps me control my stress. I was all good, my cloudy head gone, scary feeling gone. This lasted for about two years; I gain my weight back, stop going to the gym and the cloudy head, anxiety, and scary feelings came back. In addition, the palpations of the heart started, feeling like I am going to die or something bad is going to happen. I absolutely hate this. But one thing good happen, I got control of what was stressing me and know I am on a mission again to lose the weight back in the gym, and take control of the diabetes.
Mostly, it’s all in the mind. Many trips to the emergency room and every time, normal. Just visited my Doctor and he did explain many things to me psychologically that is happing to me. And one thing that enhanced my panic attack and cloudiness in my head; I was suffering with a sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics and it seems as though my cloudiness in the head is clearing up. Also, the stress, anxiety, and thinking about what’s happening to you will make your symptoms worse.

Hope this help you out, it has made me do much better. In addition, your worries about death, please do not worry about death, it takes away from your happiness and you living your life.
|

replied June 29th, 2009
Sana , please dont be afraid. I know this is easier said than done , but I urge you to be strong and repeat in your mind "I am relaxed and calm , and I am going to get out of this attack now." I want you to understand that even though panic attacks are scary , they are not going to do any serious physical harm to you. Take deep breaths through your nose , till ur belly pops out . Hold the breath for one second and release it again through your nose. If you feel dizzy , close your eyes when you are doing this. Be confident that it will work and have faith in yourself. You are the captain of your body. When the ship is jumping about in a storm , only you can keep it steady and safe. Try and incorporate the deep breathing technique for 5 minutes every morning when you wake up and again at night. You may slowly increase it if you feel comfortable doing so. Another method that I've used extensively and that does work is imagining you are in a safe place , could be a park , the woods , wby a stream , wherever you feel you are comfortable. You can hear birds chirping and its a lovely day outside . Think of this as you breathe in the pure air and breath out with a feeling that you are becoming calmer and more relaxed with each breath. I'm sure you will feel much better in a very short time. Also remember no stimulants or drugs. That goes for coffee , booze and cigarettes too. They only trigger worse attacks because they stimulate your body which is the opposite of what you want to do if you suffer from panic attacks. De stress and exercise . Yoga has been found to calm the practitioner and aid a sufferer of panic attacks to relax. I really hope you feel better soon and I want you to understand I'm in the same boat as you , a lot of people all over the world are. You are not alone. If you would like to ask anything further I would be more than happy to share the little i know for your benefit. Take care
|
Users who thank Nocturnalborn for this post: tomilson 

replied June 30th, 2009
I too am so relieved to hear the above posts. I am currently seeing the specialist for my sinus problems because in dec time i started suffering from dizziness and ear ache. What annieluv describes is so spot on to how it has felt in my ear that i am much relieved.
I go back to discuss the results i had on fri and i will definately be saying that i have been suffering fro anxiety and is that more the problem than the sinuses, i just dont know anymore.
Reading these threads makes me much calmer but there is just one slight part that is keeping me from feeling less worried and that is that i feel very shaky and weak, i feel this whenever i have these parts in my life when i get anxiety but no-one has said they feel weak and so there is slight doubt as to whether this is the anxiety symptoms and so i am still worrying that there is something really wrong. Does anyone else feel like this in the arms and shaky in their legs?????
|

replied July 1st, 2009
foggy/tight head
thank you all for sharing your experiences. I started having intense panic attacks about 10 yrs. ago which led to a sustained foggy/tight head feeling. I eventually started taking Paxil and Welbutrin and got well enough to go to grad school. I've been on the medicine ever since, and while I still get bouts of depression, my panic attacks stayed away. I recently had the flu and an ear infection that knocked me out pretty good. Sure enough the anxiety/panic came back in full force and I know can't shake the foggy/tight head feeling even though I am still taking the meds. Xanax helps with the panic, but not the foggy/tight head sensations. I post this not with answers but just to let everyone know you are not alone, or weak minded or anything else. The only thing that keeps me going is I know the feelings will pass.
|

replied July 17th, 2009
Hey you guyz,
I've been struggling with anxiety and panic for a while now, it's hard because all i want to do is just live my life without worrying every single day that something might be wrong with me. Now i suffer with some fatigue and dizziness from time to time, and this doesn't make things better at all..i've recently found out i had a bacterial sinus infection after a CT scan. And also found out that stress can trigger sinus infections or make them worse. Even though I found this out I still keep constantly worrying that something more serious than that has to be wrong with me..i ono...its just hard living with anxiety and panic because you're so unsure if your symptoms are something physical or just mental.
|

replied May 4th, 2011
WE all have the same symptoms
I just wanted to say that i read this all the time, i am an avid internet searcher for all of my symptoms, I try all the time to make myself feel better but more times than not i just think about whats going on and what it could be which in turn just makes me feel 100x worse, I get very foggy and dizzy, i tend to always feel my heartbeat to make sure its not too fast or too slow and even if its ok i worry, i want this to go away as well, i lay in bed at night hoping i wake up, i worry that while im with my kids alone something is going to happen, its a horrible feeling, ive had numerous blood tests done, wore a heart halter, they are all normal everytime, its like a losing battle but i want to start anew day, i want to tell myself this isnt going to take over my life, i wont let it, i wont let this take over my whole self being.. Lets work together and get rid of this horrible anxiety/depression, i know we can do it!!
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Just wanna let everyone know that i have all of these symptoms glad i'm not the only one who seems crazy.. Lol nah there is nothing funny about anxiety it is horrible and if you dont have it you dont understand it can control your life.. I have been taking Paxil for about 6 years and 2 mg of klonopin a day but still have anxiety problems.. I get pressure in my head and my heart rate somedays is off the charts all day and i feel like i'm dying i'm about to drive everybody crazy it sucks so bad.. I havel lost so many jobs over this because when this happens i have to just leave i can't be around anybody..Everybody hang in there and know your not the only one going through this.. Take care and God bless
kyboy
|