Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Feeling alone, worthless...numb, like there isn't anything.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I don't know what to do anymore... I have been like this for about two years (since I was 14 - now 16) already and it just getting worse. Most of the time I feel numb, like there isn't anything inside me. Just a cold echo when I try to call my feelings. But almost daily I still have short times when I just cry because I feel so alone and worthless. I think that I must go trough this because I deserve it. Why else would this be happening to me? And I feel that nobody really cares. Nobody loves me. I have friends but I just hang out with them because I don't want to look like a loser in school. I also don't want to do anything and I don't care anymore. Sometimes there is enormous frustration because I don't know WHY this is happening to me. I don't want to live anymore but I'm scared of killing myself... There's nothing I can gain and living with this emptiness and sudden emotion attacks is very frustrating. What should I do? Just go and die?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Machiboultata
|

replied May 1st, 2012
Man dont talk like that, you just need friend, try a hobby, something you can get better at. No one is worthless and in your fears you are not alone.
|

replied May 1st, 2012
You definitely need to speak to a professional. It's not as taboo as it sounds. I can guarantee you more people have talked to a counselor of some sort than you think. There is a great big world out there and you are so young... There's no reason to go through the rest of your life feeling the way you do. Trust me. Seek help, even from your school nurse. You'll realize that more people care than you imagine.
|

replied May 1st, 2012
Hi, what you're talking about I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have a lot of phases like that, this feeling of emptiness, nothingness, you ask yourself why you are here, why shouldn't you go? Why am I feeling so empty? Don't worry I have experienced the exact same thing. It is true that I am still experiencing it, and I had a lot of thoughts about dying, but listen, don't you ever try, because it doesn't worth it, we're still young (I'm 17 you're 16) we don't know anything about life yet. Yes it sucks but sometimes life is so beautiful. You have to keep strong and look at the light, what you're experiencing right now will eventually pass I am sure of it, and I know it's hard to face and to overcome but when you will you will feel satisfied and proud of yourself. Always look up never let things down, find goals and try to reach them. Whenever you are feeling empty again and worthless just let it pass and tell yourself that it's gonna be all right, it always will be. Because life has downs but also has UPS, and you have to focus on that. Good luck and keep strong, youu can do it!!
|

replied May 1st, 2012
I feel like im absolute sh*t at times. Don't get me wrong, im an average sixteen year old, I have plenty of friends i can rely on, Im physically attractive, no financial problems, no confidence issues, a welcoming family and a good school.Everything any teen would want, but I feel alone, numb, im missing something. I start to question some of my best friends I question people as a whole, were all just a bunch of idiots, morons, sheep. I dont know what brings me down, and this bring me down even more, im surrounded by people who care but I dont, im not isolated but im lonely. I need help.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
depression and it hurts
You know he is right your still young, but if you feel like this please trust and believe you need to go talk to someone and soon.
It looks like I might be a year to late but as they say better late then never.
I know what your feeling Iam Bi-Poler manic depression, and anxiety, also Borderline Personality Disorder and I have been battling this since I was 11 years old Iam now next month turning 45 years old.
I know the feeling all to well about feeling down and not worth a damn to anyone not family or friends nobody has ever understood just always calls me crazy and that's not fair to me.
Have you ever tried keeping a journal and getting your feelings out on paper I always find that some help for me.
Allot has happened in my life since 2003 I relapsed on drugs and quit taking my syc meds over a year ago I was clean for 18 years and blew it..now I feel like I'm all alone in this world nobody here by my side..Please whatever you don't try to take your life it's not worth it get some help and do the right thing you have your whole life ahead of you...Life is what we all make it out to be...
|