Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Feel like someone is watching me

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
i'm 15 years old and i feel like people are watching me wherever i go. i'm always afraid someone or something is after me. I get scared a lot and hate the dark. I never like to be alone and wont let people out of my sight. I wont go outside at night unless my dad or mom watches me. When i lay down for sleep at night i feel as if someone is watching me starring at me and then sometimes i hear voices but no one is ever there. i dont know what to do but i'm scared. and i dont think this is normal. am i crazy?
Please tell me what to do
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper HeavenShania
|

replied July 31st, 2010
Hey i used to be a bit like you.I knew no-one was there but i just couldnt help but still think it in my head.I hated walking past windows at night,if the curtains were open,id panic and run past incase something saw me.Yep i was weird haha.I was over self concious and i
thought people were watching and laughing at me when i walked outside,im only 12.Im not like that anymore,um i dont know how to help you get over it.I honestly cant remember why im not still completely like that though.Anyway,i dont think your crazy Smile
|

replied February 26th, 2011
hey i feel like you but a litle difrent i feel like some litle gril is whaching me all the time when i alone i cant close my eyes i afraid when i look at the window it is like i see theat litle gril but when i turn araund no 1 is thear 1 when i was playing a computer game i felt in my left sholder a bit cold like some 1 is standing right bisaid me
|

replied March 19th, 2011
HII my opinion is that you must visit your psychiatrist...that you see is paranormal
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2011
HeavenShania,

What you have described here could suggest hallucination and possibly delusions. Hallucination is a condition when you perceive something when it's not there (may be a voice, an image, a smell, etc). Yours may be called auditory hallucination. Delusions are false beliefs such as "someone is out there to kill me".

It will help to consult a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist for a clinical evaluation and diagnosis of the condition. You may need to take medicine if your doctor prescribes them. There will be a lot of information about symptoms similar to yours, on the internet. And it is possible to get lost with hall the information. To avoid getting confused, consult a doctor soon.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)
|

replied March 28th, 2011
Who's watching? You can get help
I would not go to a Psychiatrist at first as they have less education of psychology. I would go to a Behavioral or a Cognitive Psychologist who holds a Ph D. I believe that they are more qualified to diagnose at the start. As the doctor said above, do it right away.

|

replied August 5th, 2011
SOME IS WATCHING MY SISTER
My 15 year old sister has been suffering for 2years now. She feels like someone is watching her all the time and it's not a good feeling either, she always has to have the t.v on because when it's off she see siloutes of people in the screen shes been having for the past 2 years 2 dreams which are always the same. She won't stay be herself in the house and if she has to she contanstly txt me mum asking when she will be back, she follows you in every room because she hates been on her own. she once baby sat for my 9mnth old and slept over in the same room as him and she said she saw someone stood over his cot i don't let her look after him now.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
You aren't crazy.
I know the majority of you on here dont believe in things you cant see but I certainly do and science is proving these things do exist. It hurts when someon automatically believes you are crasy. Yes, you need someone to talk to who understands the brain and give you things to help you stay mentally strong but they need to be someone with an open mind and know that we dont know all things. You might have anxiety that you want help to overcome but you can also use help dealing with feelings that are trying to tell you something you do feel. That is real. If there really are paranormal around you seen or not they wont really hurt you. They can give you feelings that are bad becaue they are spirits but fight back with courage and get the support you need! There is the Creator who is the boss and you also can tell it to go away. Take a stand for yourself and dont let it just happen to you.
I hope this encourages you.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
You aren't crazy.
I know the majority of you on here dont believe in things you cant see but I certainly do and science is proving these things do exist. It hurts when someon automatically believes you are crasy. Yes, you need someone to talk to who understands the brain and give you things to help you stay mentally strong but they need to be someone with an open mind and know that we dont know all things. You might have anxiety that you want help to overcome but you can also use help dealing with feelings that are trying to tell you something you do feel. That is real. If there really are paranormal around you seen or not they wont really hurt you. They can give you feelings that are bad becaue they are spirits but fight back with courage and get the support you need! There is the Creator who is the boss and you also can tell it to go away. Take a stand for yourself and dont let it just happen to you.
I hope this encourages you.
|

replied September 28th, 2012
feel like someone watching me
hey I feel exactly the same way and it's only just started happening I can't sleep or anything I feel like I'm getting toyed with I'm always waiting to get grabbed or see something I don't want to. I'm 20 years old me n my girlfriend just had a baby and some timez I'm to nervous to Evan go down stairs... I don't want to go to a doctor or anyone I want to get threw by myself please any pointers anyone??
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 11th, 2013
lIdk what to say but I'm 20 years old I'll be 21 in 2 weeks but I can't help but lie awake in bed next to my fiance' and just look into the darkness of the room and feel as if somethings watching me idk y ive been feeling like this for the past few days I feel like I'm just seeing things as if my eyes are playing tricks with me but if it is paranormal it doesn't want to hurt me cause his grandmother past away in this house and I know shes here from time to time knocking the bread down and certain things I know she wouldn't hurt a fly she was a very religious sweet catholic woman and this past august I gave birth to our first child Jr. He only lived a day and a half sadly I know he's our lil angel in heaven watching us but I really can't sleep at night sometimes and the other night I woke up kinda rocking back and forth I had a nightmare and I held my man to make me feel safe/better I was freaking bad I never wokeup like that before now here I am like a fool can't sleep like a lil chicken an idk what else to do
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
Help me I am going crazy I am always feeling like someone is watching me I don't know what to do. Sometimes I cry thinking about if their watching me planing something messed up. Last night I was crying for 3 hours be ause of it. Help me HELP ME!!!!
As I write this I'm crying I don't know what to do with me self if I leave the house just to take the dog out side I have to bring base ball bat with me so if someone is to attack me I have protection I am crying now please help me I don't like this at all any help would be nice
|

replied March 30th, 2013
I don't really want to sound like every other person. But I'm trying to find someone who knows what we're going through. I get so afraid, terrified. And I can't NOT feel it. I constantly feel eyes on me, and closed doors scare me because I feel like there's going to be SOMETHING on the other side. It's never people who I'm afraid of, its creatures. Monsters. I don't know, but not human surely. I'm 16, and a girl, and I've been this way for maybe 5 years. I'm scared to tell people, I mean, I don't want to have someone say I'm crazy. I just need a push in the right direction. What should I do? Ignore it? Tell someone?
|

replied April 6th, 2013
Paranoia, Delusions, Hallucinations
You guys are all suffering from paranoia.
At least that is what I suspect. Something or someone in your life is stressing you out, and your mind is creating images of fears to explain the stress it is feeling.

In nature this would enable us to be alert and vigilant when a dangerous predator was nearby, and thus all our ancestors survived because of it- it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's kinda badass.
But now, because we don't face those kinds of predators anymore, our minds create these horrors out of our imaginations because it doesn't want us to stop being vigilant when it's stressed.

At least see a counselor about this, honestly. You need to figure out what is causing all this stress and try to at least come to terms with it.

I'm not a psychologist, I'm just giving the best possible explanation I can based on my reading, that's why I haven't prescribed any treatment..

For those of you who fear you may be in the presence of some spiritual entity- pray. Visit a church and ask to talk to an elder of the church about demonic presences. Something like that. Invite friends from your church to come to your house and pray with you.
|

replied April 8th, 2013
I know how you feel! I am 14 years old and I just been like this for about a year. It just always seems like there is someone there around the corner just ready to get me. I always have to have some kind of light on because I tend to see silhouettes out of the corner of my eyes and most of the time they would be right in front of me. It really freaks me out. I do not hear things though, never have really. I hate being around people because I always think they are planning things against me. Am I going crazy or am I just believing this??
|

replied April 30th, 2013
i have this feeling too...i don't hate dark places,i can stay alone at home.But,when i am going out,with my friends or alone,i always turn around because of the strange feeling.Right now i was watching some animes and i felt something is watching me(yesterday,because i was bored i asked God to show me my Guardian Angel).Today i had a very important exam and, in the last minutes a teacher came to us to tell us that the last point was wrong and we must do it again.I was very stresed,so, I think that is the reason why i fell this presence.(I feel it during the day too!
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2013
I feel like something is watching me
When I first moved into my house we were told it was haunted and we had several things go missing and happenings go on. But this past year (we've lived in the house for 9years)I've been feeling like I'm being watched. In the bathroom, in the living room, kitchen and especially the bathroom stairs and hall. It's creepy though because the previous owner of the house said she could never looking into the hall though the lounge door windows at night because she always thought there was a present there watching, staring at her. It really creeps me out and I'm 16 and I don't really want to consult a doctor as it's too much hassle for my mum.. Please just help, I'm sick of running up the stairs and slamming my room's door behind me because it's the only place i feel safe
|

replied August 8th, 2013
I have the same problem
I'm exactly the same, as soon as I close my eyes, I'm to scared to even turn around, I have like a mini panick attack, it really scares me, I've only now recently started feeling like this, one noise and my guts drops, I just always vision a little girl at the end of my bed by the corner of the room, I had mirrors all in my room so I remove. Them cause I thought it was the reflections freaking me out, but it seems to get worse, but when I'm with my partner, it don't happen unless he falls asleep first, I honestly thought I was the only one feeling this, cam anyone give me ideas on what to do please:/ cause its making me lack sleep and I work:( it's affecting everything Sad
|

replied April 20th, 2014
I always feel like someone is WITH me like im never alone. Its a constant thing but its not uncommfortable. Its like having your best friend with you every secound of everyday. Its been happenong to me sinxe last septmeber and i dont know why. I never thought much about it but now its weird i always have to wear a jackets because i get these sudden chills and i thing is touching me but im not affraid of it. I feel like im goung crazy but i know that its not just in my head if i get cold from it or sudden loose my footing like someone elbowed me. Am i going crazy?
|

replied May 20th, 2014
I can never sleep because I feel like whenever I close my eyes, when I open them something or someone will be staring me right in the face, but when I do nobody is ever there. I always have this feeling that something is watching me and I always have to turn around a look, yet again nobody is ever there. I know it's ridiculous to think it because how would someone get into my house without me hearing them? But I still feel this way and I can't shake it off. I never like going down my hallway because that's where the staircase is and it's dark, so I feel like something is going to pop out and attack me every time I walk by in the middle of the night. Sometimes I hear sounds in the middle of the night like something shuffling across the carpet even though I know nobody is there. I've had multiple nightmares in the middle of the night so that doesn't exactly calm me ...
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.