Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feel like I'm not here (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Well im 15 and Iv started having this feeling like im not even here.
It’s a daze but it goes on all day.
Iv just started getting my period regularly, I was feeling dizzy too but im takin bio iron tablets for that.
Iv been sick for 5 weeks with this chesty cough, iv still got the flu but its not the flu were you have to be in bed, I cant seem to shake it off iv been to the doc’s but they didn’t give me anything so iv been swallowing garlic (and other remedies) but that makes me feel sick! i eat well too
Since iv been sick iv been worrying and Iv had a couple anxiety attacks, iv been having bad thoughts ABOUT dying, chocking, swallowing. I try to brush it off but its hard...
I was also jumping out my sleep but then id be fine. I have this feeling like I want some one next to me. to feel safe
I had a little depression but got rid of it by exercising etc.

But im really worried about this feeling of not being here!
It’s so hard to explain. But ill feel good then ill think o I got myself back then it will disappear back to feeling dazed sort of and ill think maybe im forgetting what the feeling of being here feels likes!

i also have this feeling of pressure in my head pushing towards my forhead and nose.
for my cold iv been takin different medicines for the cold since the one doc we have wont give me anything!!!!

Iv also just started a new job and like it. It’s at a bakery and its hot so I drink plenty water. Do you think maybe my body is just adapting?
Shocked
This sounds trippy but im not on drugs! I talk to ppl I trust and they say my body is probably just run down from all this at once. Iv ALSO been dreaming of water swimming in deep water, which means iv become bogged down.
Maybe its just a phase!
I just want some tips or advice help pls….xxoo
I also live in a small country town so I can’t just jump to a doctor. Keep in mind. thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper runner180
|

replied August 18th, 2009
You're worrying too much that's your problem. Studies have shown that you can actually make yourself sick by thinking your sick because the brain has overall control of your nervous system. It's called the Nocebo effect. As for the anxiety attacks, if they get too bad you might want to get some professional help. A psychiatrist can teach you methods of how to cope with them when they get bad. I know cause I used to get them all the time until one day it just kind of stopped happening. So, in short stop worrying so much and take it easy too much anxiety is not good for the body. PM me if you have any questions.
|
Users who thank runner180 for this post: Josiek8  ashley7190 

replied January 8th, 2012
hey could i ask you something wiht these anxieties?
|

replied August 28th, 2013
I can't stop thinking about it
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2009
see the posts on inner ear virus...thats what i've had for about 3 months now!!! urghhhh
|

hey im 18 and have never had any problems with anxiety until a month ago. since then ive had thoughts of having a heart attack and what not, similar to yours of dieing. Also ive had that weird feeling of almost not being real, u look in the mirror and u kno its u but its almost as if ur watching a video of urself. this is all anxiety!!! and legazki is right, ur mind can make u sick or keep u sick, especially if u have stress. and dont worry about that feeling of not being here, it is actually a well documented symptom of anxiety. hope this helps.
|
Users who thank DamienP for this post: Josiek8 

replied July 18th, 2012
That is EXACTLY how I feel! Have you overcome this? I'm 15, and until about a month ago, istarted feeling this exact same thing, if you have overcome this, please, tell me how, it gets scary sometimes!
|

The symptoms of anxiety can really play tricks on your body and mind and it's important to realize that. Similar to you, I had nose/face pressure and found that the anxiety was made worse by my poor breathing habits. I found a book that really helped me called Hope and Help for Hyperventilation Syndrome. It explained the exact symptoms I was experiencing. Google it and you will find it.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Hello. I think it's good that you're taking care of yourself. I also take care of myself, as doctors can't take care of everything. Their role is sometimes misleading as they cannot take care of everything and you are expected to keep the will to live even if they interfere. Which is strange. But what is good is that you are alive and well. Stay this way and fight for life!
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2009
I know how you feel! look up derealization I hope it helps
|

replied May 24th, 2010
depersonalization hell... help me?
i am 19 and have anxiety for the last 7 months... it began with the owrry of health and physical symptoms... when i was reassured i was okay ofcourse i wasnt satisfied... so i was then prescribed cymbalta which really ruined my life... i was on it for a month and went cold turkey on a high dosage... i had horrific withdrawls that gave me panic attacks and now constant depersonalization... really feel like im not me and that my body is just here... i am thining constantly... i was put in a psch ward to rest and i came out feeling shakey and scared from the things i saw in there... i now feel emotionally detatched and im constantly crying and just fighting for life. i have lost me and i really hope i will come back and land soon... i feel like im goin crazy... i am also weining off valium which i had been on in hospital.. could this be contributing to my anxiety and dp
? because i suddenly feel worse... not to mention the racing thoughts and feeling out of control.
|
Users who thank ktgirl for this post: ashley7190 

replied May 29th, 2010
hi im havin most of these problems and im constantly thinkin theres somethink wrong with me i want help but dont know how to go bout gettin it im constantly thinkin im not ere n i know i am its just really messin up my head what do i do
|

replied June 17th, 2010
HELP. IM HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS AND IM SCARED.
Im 13, and i have the weird feeling where i feel like i mnot here.. its creepy. like i know that i am here, i just feel like im not. im not quite sure what to do. its really scary and it doesnt seem to be going away.. and like if i look at my hand or something i kinda feel like its not mine... kinda like if i was watching a movie of me, but im making things happen? ehh. not sure how to explain it. I've been dizzy to.. And kinda lightheaded. And i mean honestly i have tried drugs before but that was a while ago, and i dont see how that can relate.. i've been really tired in the days to.. almost to the point where i fall asleep in class. Sometimes my breathing feels weird to.. kinda like im gunna stop breathing.. ive had weird dreams, and been dreaming every night ever since this started, a month ago. I have had weird thoguhts that im gunna die, or pass out. but i dont. I've had anxiety attacks too. I'm not sure how to explain to anyone without thinking im crazy! because im not.. I just havent had this kind of thing happen before.. sometimes innanement objects will move, and im having trouble focusing.. the little voice in my head sounds weird to.. Advice?
|

replied July 25th, 2011
hi im 15 and i go threw about the same thing you are. that voice in your head is you just thinking and scary yourself. as far as the dreams and everything, i believe its just your mind working. i too feel like im not in my body. and everything you said. sometimes ill get a quick feeling like everythings there, but then it will go right back to the way i feel. it hasnt been till recent where its got to the point where i have attacks too. i wonder if evry one feels this way but im guessing not every one. but it is normal! just try to relax and dont be afraid to ask your parents for help. hope i helped!
|

replied August 31st, 2012
I'm 13 ! & I feel the exact samee wayyy !!!
|

replied January 7th, 2013
I'm Thirteen too !.. and i have been feeling that way.. I asked my sister.. and she said i was here... it makes me feel like i'm in another dimension... I am so glad I'm not going through this alone.
|

replied June 19th, 2010
HI to everyone above i'm new to this so I said i'd reply to this thread when I stumbled over it just to share some light and try to give some hope. What these feelings are is simply a very common symptom of anxiety and panic. Let me assure you that these feelings of "being here and not being here" are not a sign that you are going crazy or that something is wrong with you. In fact it shows that you over sane and over conscious of things. I've been there and recovered and I can pledge to you that these feelings are a temporary and completely harmless symptom of anxiety although distressing I admit.. They are there because of a "tired mind" that is worn out from "constant" negative thinking, questioning and worry. Our minds adapt their own personalities in this case and say "screw this I'm taking a break because I can't handle this constant stress". hence the dreamy like feeling.... Think of an atheletes legs when they run a marathon. Their muscles ache afterwards so they need to refresh. Same with our minds they need a break to refresh .. Depersonalization and derealization are what the feelings are defined as. To get rid of them is actually soo simple in theory but yet hard in practise. What you have to do is to firstly eliminate your initial anxiety. DP/DR stem SOLEY from anxiety. Now if you feel that you are anxious ONLY because of the "weird feeling" (DR/DP) this is where the key to recovery is. Being anxious about the feelings only prolongs them quite an amount. What you have to do is stop focussing on it.. Stop "checking in" and seeing how you feel now, how you feel now and how you feel now.. Immerse yourself in interests - music, sport, films, friends and even a simple walk.. Stop checking into loads of health forums (hypocritcal of me it seems) but stop it. Too many opinions and stories further exhaust a tired mind.. Eat well or as well as you can.. Get good sleep as this refreshes your mind. Dont put a time limit on it. it'll go when its ready.. Rome wasn't built in a day or a week.... but the biggest thing to say and live by is..... "F*** YOU DR/DP Im not ill and you wont take me as a victim. your just a feeling and not a condition and i will indeed see the end of you". REMEMBER: You are not alone on this and a greater part of the population than you think suffer with it but cant explain it... You now have a somewhat decent explanation so I wish you the best of luck.. LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!
|

replied September 3rd, 2010
need help
will sins i lost my job about 9 mounths ago i cant realy get my self to gether and it sucks cuzz i think and want to get back to normal but stress and drugs have realy hit me and i cant seem to move forword just seems that im uesless..i feel like nobody likes me and im just a lame..some times when i kick it with some friends and smokes some weed i trip i get scarde off my own friends i cant look at them cuz i fell they sence that im scarde i have never felt like this...i realy need help cuz im realy not going any ware...
|

replied October 5th, 2010
HELP ANYONE
i just was flickng through on google and found this page im so happy i have found it as it has helped me see my anxiety in a different way and made me feel normal.

i have been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety since i was 15 due to having a panic attack wile smokeing weed! i really wish i never smoked it as it has made my life hell and anyone in the panc/anxiety mind should never touch that stuff.
i stoped going out seing my friends i couldnt trust anyone not even my family, every time i smelt weed i would have a panic attack! i seeked help, went to see a counciler wich to be fair didnt help, my mum payed for me to be hypnotized wich made me learn how to relax more and that helped also doing little things each day setting challenges for yourself helped by the time i was 17 i was back to my old self and had never been happyer.
untill now! im 20 years old and a few months back i was in a club and my drink got spiked realy bad and now ever since that night ive been having bad anxiety.. i feel like im not here just like the rest of you... i wake up during the night thinking im going to die and ive stoped eating because i think that if i eat then whatever i have eaten someone has put something in my food thats going to kill me or make me go out of control. its like im tied up in a big nott and dont know were to start. its really getting me down because were im not eating is makeing me ill. some days are better than others but i just feel theres no way im gong to get out of this nott im scared Sad
but im glad i have read all your posts because i know im not going crazy and im not the only one
i wish you all the best and keep fighting every day. we cant let this beat us.
|

replied November 4th, 2010
i feel exactly like you. at first i felt pressure in my head than just recently i felt that feeling like in not me and it is hard to explain. i dont know whats going on!
|

replied December 16th, 2010
hey im 19 i have the same problem i cry everyday because it feels like im not here but u know what it makes you stronger and its all just in your head sometimes im playing basketball and im fine but when i think of it thats when i start to think im not here i have really bad anxiety and people who are reading this listen there are worst things in life just think of that
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2010
Experienced User
Most of you sound like me! Same symptoms, feeling like you're not really there, depersonalization. What makes it worse is worrying about it constantly. Mine was triggered by bad anxiety. Leaning on my faith, praying, getting more involved (baby steps) in things and being in sunlight have helped. I'm still taking it one day at a time but it's a lot less scary. I've had GAD for around 10 years and this depersonalization hit me a couple of weeks ago.

When I first felt it I had a panic attack in public and it took a while to get myself together. After that I began praying and writing constantly. It was scary especially since my psych had no idea what it was. I ended up breaking down in his office. I began to adapt and even though I have bad spells every now and then, learned not to obsess over it. It only makes it worse. I do have a habit of "checking up on it" to read other stories because it made me feel less alone but I'm wondering if it might just add to the problem.

I even changed my diet. I eat more vegetables and drink less soda and coffee than I did before. That was kinda hard. A health consultant recommended a few things to try.
Don't give up!
|

replied January 5th, 2011
dont look any more this is what you have
hi my name is luis i just want to tell you that what you have ging on right is call depersonalization disorder this is curable but you need to go to the psychiatrist. i feel the same way they going to give madecine that way you brain can go back and work normal and one more thing the more you thing about it or stress you self the worse this is going to get go out and buy some tea or or something that is oging to relax you if you dont have health isurence there is places in the comunity pay by the us goverment or good people that odnate their time to help you this happen to me because i smoke weed but i realise that been healty is the best treasure from good this change my life i want to be a better person now go to school have a family thing like that i hope this help you imm not a doctor but i experience. if you have any questions feel free to send me an email o one mor ething go to a regular doctor could be high presure diabetes or ear problem low presure but if you feel tha you going nut and that you cant descrive whats fgoing on on you then go to a psychiatrist their profesional people trained to help problems like your ..
|
Users who thank economy2121 for this post: LiftmeUp 

replied April 15th, 2011
m
|

replied July 25th, 2011
im 15 and i know exactly how you're feeling! I always thought its because im tired so ill try to sleep it off. it wasnt until two days ago when i started to always feel like im not in my mind (literally) and i got really concerned. like not in my body! I think i have OCD too so it just makes it worse. i start to gettin into this daze where i can't hear myself think and im oblivious to my surrondings. i start to panic that my heart will stop and that my mind will shut down and ill go into a coma. i know it wont but for some reason i still feel that way! i feel the pressure towards the front of my head and the top of it and sometimes in the back. it sometimes feels like my mind is numb in a way. sometimes i can actually feel my mind working and sometimes i feel it freeze and my teeth start to hurt. its scary and im pretty sure its anxiety. i learned to realize that if you just let the attack happen, and go with it, you'll be okay. just think to yourself you're fine. im the type of person who doesn't take any medicine for anything, but i deffanitly think i might go to get a perscription for anxiety. it helps if you can talk to someone about it also. try to ignore it. im still working on it too.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2012
I am 18 and I have had depression and anxiety for years. Once in a long while, I feel like I'm not real, the way you do. I feel like my head's not with the rest of me, like I'm underwater, like I'm dreaming, like I'm really dizzy. I get tension headaches nearly every day, migraines about once a month. I take a lot of medications for anxiety, depression, and headaches: lexapro, amitryptiline, and bupropion. Because of these, usually I feel good, and happy, and normal for me. But rarely, I feel very, very wrong, and I feel like I'm dead, or I wish I were dead. and I always call someone to help me, because I want to be okay. I will never, ever commit suicide. I love so many people who care about me. Just talking to them makes me feel a little better; even when I don't know who I am and I don't care about myself. They will always care. No matter what it feels like, I am not going to lose hope for tomorrow.

And I love kittens.
|
12 >>