Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Feel like i cant breathe

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
this started like 2 weeks ago. if im up and walking around, it feels like i can breathe fine. when i sit down or lay down. it feels like i cant breathe. when i listen to my lungs, i hear a whistling sound. i have asthma but i kno this isnt part of it. im hoping its not lung cancer, cus my family has a history of it. i dont cough up blood. and the wierd part is, it only happens from 5 pm - 12 pm. like its on a schedule. my chest doesnt hurt or anything. it just feels like i have to gasp for air and is horrable. plz someone say its panic attacks. its really bothering me and its really wierd
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
yeah man
well its never happened to me sober but my case may still be valid, for a period of time in my youth i smoked cannabis regularly, and eventually it caused me to start having anxiety attacks, at first it felt like i couldnt breathe, and when i went into a full attack i could barely move

not sure if this applies to you, but i do know for a fact that when you exhale and you hear a whistling noise thats a give away symptom of lung cancer
|

replied April 28th, 2009
not sure...
If I were you, I would go to the doctor and get it checked out, it can only be a panic attack if you are panicking or freaking out about it. I don't think a panic attack would cause a whistling sound in your lungs though. I used to have them really bad & would have to carry my inhaler around with me everywhere, I still do but don't have them as much. Just get it checked out. Best of luck!
|