Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Feel like a loser,worthless and alone

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Wow, i dont even know were to start. Im 17 and I felt depressed for a while. but lately its been so so bad. i cant stop thinking. and sometimes i like feeling this way and dont want to change becuase its what im used to.
I have a ok social life. i have lots of friends. Every one see me as a funny happy kid. but on the inside i feel depresed, extremaly alone and like a loser. I act happy when around friends. but im constantly thinking about my pain. over analizing thoughts.
The main reason i feel depressed is becuase i have no girlfriend. and have never had a one. i dont concider my self ugly but feel as if i am. I recently met this girl. we hang out offten but every time i try to get closer to her i feel like i blow it and just give up. then go home feeling like a big loser and heart broken. i think about her constantly. and when i do it just makes me feel worse about myself and i get this feeling in the pit of my stomach of worthless eating away at me. I feel like theres somthing worng with me. im constantly thinkng about this analizing every aspect about her. i think about how i wish i just had somebody that cares about me and accept me for who i am. someone to hold and love. It feels like an endless cycle. all my friends have girl friends and have no problem with women. when i hang out with my with my friends and there girlfriends, I look at them and feel so alone, when i see guys treating there girlfriends like crap i think about how lucky they are to have someone to love them and how stupid they are for treating them like crap.. and then i get angry cuz i have no one. i constantly feel like i have so much love to give and how good i whould treat someone, but no one wants me
im constantly thing about these things all day i dont sleep any more. I lay in my bed restless sad and alone. i feel like i cant shut my brain off. I dont wnt to tell any ony the way i feel becuase i feel like no one understands. its very hard to discribe my feelings. but i hope this gave you an idea on how i feel every day. if some could give me some advice i eould be very thankful.(p.s- SRRY FOR THE SPELLING)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper minern
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Experienced User
wow buddy that sucks. I'm sorry you feel so down about yourself. I've felt that way but I was desperate and resorted in high risk behavior that actually got me gang raped when I was thirteen. Don't do that.

I read relationship psychology news letters by Christian Carter because I have trouble with boyfriends. It sounds like a typical "thinking of the worst case scenarios" situation.

Just change your thoughts around. If she doesn't call for two days tell yourself shes busy, maybe there's a problem in a class or with her parents that she is dealing with. Then think when she does have time for you she will be that much more interested.

You MUST keep an optimistic positive outlook. That's how good relationships work apparently. Negative fear based thoughts attract that back from your friends. Starting a relationship is exciting and fresh! If you are emotional and freak out it will push that gal away from you.

It does sound like she's your girlfriend. You may have not put a label on it but she probably feels the same way. Please be a gentleman and find really good financial security so that you can provide for her needs and take her out on dates as a treat. She will be swept off her feet.

The other thing too is this, it might sound funny. But a lot of extremely successful people don't get more than four hours of sleep. I'm thinking of my special friend who runs five miles a day. So if you get a lot of exercise it will make you feel energized so that you can live on less sleep. Weight training is excellent too and girls just love a man with strong biceps.

The sadness has got to go. You are not in this alone. This is a great support network and you sound like you get a lot of attention. Try attracting the right attention all of the time! Maybe if you take your highschool sweet heart to prom and give her a flower she will give you a kiss at her doorstep after you drive her home. Maybe you don't even have to wait that long. Even if you don't drive you could still take her home so that she gets home safe.

Don't loose hope boy. It's just those hard teenage years. Some people have it worse than others. Remember I was gang raped and extremely depressed. Now things are really looking up for me. Everyone has the power to turn things around.

Good luck to you!

ps when a man says he's only had one girlfriend and has only had sex with one person it sounds just amazing! So that is one thing that is definitely working for you!
|

replied May 27th, 2010
Hey I'm currently having the same issue, it started when I was about 17 1/2 and now I'm 18 but it seems like I'm feeling worse and worse about myself. I was just wondering if it's gotten any better for you and what u did to start feeling better.
|

replied March 13th, 2011
i am 52 and for 3 years i feel lost and can not sleep and i think my wife is better without me ,i work hard all my life but i think i am not capable of wotking or doing anything i like to go away but do not know how to take me out of this life i try to be happy because my wife is great and i think i am letting her down and i think she is with me becaus sh is kind and want to help anything i try has not been successful , my heart is heavy my head is full of negative though i can not get them out of me , i do not want to show negativity
|

replied March 15th, 2011
I wish I could tell every guy this: It doesn't matter what you look like - seriously! Chicks love confident guys! Work out, focus on school - be proud of what you are successful at and use it!

CONFIDENCE is the key! I promise you!
|

replied March 15th, 2011
It is important to take a step back and consider the big picture. You have been on this earth for 17 years! That's not very long!! Growing up is difficult at times! When I was your age, my Dad died of cancer! Talk about growing up fast! Remember, high school is a very small world within a very large one! Your best friends and the woman that you will be most interested in for a long term committment you have yet to meet! Hang in there! The best is yet to come!! Make sure you eat right, exercise and get involved with hobbies that you enjoy!! In addition, you can supplement your diet with two natural anti-depresants. Fish Oil and St. Johns Wart! Good Luck! It's a beautiful day!!
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I feel the same...I've been depressed for the last three years and now I'm really starting to think I will never be happy again. Three years ago my mom died and it was such a blow to me, I don't even know for how many months i went on crying about the loss. Then, around one year ago, when i though my life could improve and I was starting to feel better, my long long term boyfriend (10 years) said me he didn't love me anymore and he couldn't live with me anymore. And now I feel so alone and I think my life will never change.... Friends says I am pretty and nice, but when start to like someone, he's never interested in more than friendship. I think I am 31 already and I will never have a husband and kids, I will always be alone.
|

replied January 27th, 2013
I have felt very alone for almost 14 years now. I started a relationship on the other side of the country 14 years ago, moved my bf here, and within 3 weeks he announced he didn't want to be with me anymore. We stayed together for 12 years while he had extra-marital affairs, and then finally one day over 2 years ago, I ended it. Ever since, I've felt totally alone. I thought I had friends here in Vancouver, but people only want to get to know you here if you have something to give them. I don't like my life here, and I don't like Vancouver at all, and I know it's time to leave. (There was someone I thought was getting close, but he was just using me for editing his papers and his friend's work).

Does anyone else feel this way? Is there anyone from Vancouver that feels this way, and is willing to admit it?

Vancouver is a very lonely place, and please don't be fooled by our liberal laws and pretty scenery. Vancouver is a horrible joke; if you weren't born here and didn't grow up with your grade-school friends you won't have any friends at all. I used to be one of the most popular people where I used to live: I was a celebrity. Here, I'm a nobody, and the only people who want to talk are looking for something to take, and then f-off.
|

replied January 27th, 2013
Alone in Vancouver, feels like a long prison sentence
I have felt very alone for almost 14 years now. I started a relationship on the other side of the country 14 years ago, moved my bf here, and within 3 weeks he announced he didn't want to be with me anymore. We stayed together for 12 years while he had extra-marital affairs, and then finally one day over 2 years ago, I ended it. Ever since, I've felt totally alone. I thought I had friends here in Vancouver, but people only want to get to know you here if you have something to give them. I don't like my life here, and I don't like Vancouver at all, and I know it's time to leave. (There was someone I thought was getting close, but he was just using me for editing his papers and his friend's work).

Does anyone else feel this way? Is there anyone from Vancouver that feels this way, and is willing to admit it?

Vancouver is a very lonely place, and please don't be fooled by our liberal laws and pretty scenery. Vancouver is a horrible joke; if you weren't born here and didn't grow up with your grade-school friends you won't have any friends at all. I used to be one of the most popular people where I used to live: I was a celebrity. Here, I'm a nobody, and the only people who want to talk are looking for something to take, and then f-off.
|

replied May 18th, 2013
I am 36 and have been depressed since I was13, I've got an amazing girlfriend with 6 kids. I took 4 on when I was just 24, I have no friends as I work all the time, I have no social life. All I seem to do is work sleep eat, I feel my gf would be better off without meiI get cranky quite a bit and don't mean to I am always tired and never get time to do anything. I just want to die.
|

replied April 15th, 2014
Can someone help me?
I'm only 13 and I feel worthless. I have a total cholectome which makes me wear diapers at night because I can't control what happens. I also have diabetes, which I'm failing at managing, and I also have divorced parents, a gay father and a Catholic mother. I feel like life isn't worth living if I'm going to be caught in all this, and sometimes I want to cut myself.
|