Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Feel full bloated after meal

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
For the last several days, I've been feeling uncomfortably full after almost every meal I eat. I'm not eating any more than usual; I have been eating more candy (chocolate) recently. I haven't gained any weight recently. I just feel "bloated" and I've been burping more often.

What could be causing this? I'm 17 - 125 lbs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
You need to see a Doctor as soon as you can...there are several possibilities. The most common reason for whayt you mention is that you could be experiencing lactose intolerance. Lactose is something found in dairy products like milk, cheese, ice cream...and yes, chocolate ( milk chocolate esp) You can try Beano, its in liquid or pill form and is usually available without a doctor's order in places like Walmart. It contains an enzyme that helps with digestion.My grandmamma suffered from lactose intolerance and so do I. She swore that chewing fennel seeds helped her, but I am not reccommending you try it. Smile

Most important of all is to go see your Doctor as soon as you can. Things like what you are mentioning are NOT normal and you need to make sure nothing dangerous is going on.

Hope this helps you. ~A Dallas RN~
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply