Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Feel far away

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I use my brain a lot, a lot more than other people. I imagine visuals with music (I sound weird I know, ugh.) It’s hard to explain, but I stopped the strenuous activity and I’ve had this constant tightness/pressure in my head. I feel “far away” out of focus. I space out. This has been going on like every day now. I’m too afraid to do much. It’s not much of a pain than a complete and utter nuisance. And how can I succeed in my future career (I’m in high school) if I can’t even focus for a minute!? Please help me. I hope I didn’t damage my brain or something-is that even possible? I'm also really scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
Lunette, don' frighten yourself. If you're getting up to your early to mid twenties you might be in the process of expanding mind hence your brain is always gonna want a Rubix Cube to play with.

Not to scare you but around this age some people fall into schizophrenia HOWEVER sz is not nearly as bad or rotten as TV's villains portray so it's not like you would go raving mad and have to be shackled to a wall or anything ridiculous like that.

And once again, this is just coming from the perspective of an sz you probably won't even have to worry about but it is critical during this time in life that you get plenty of proper rest and normal hours.

I'd also kick back from caffeine and any other stimulants that get your mind to exercise itself too much.

Hang in there, sweets. Things can get bad but never as bad as your worse fears or what you dread them to be. =)
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
Hmm...keep getting a signal here like there's something else I should say.

So...I'll say this.

My home looks like a mad scientists office because I'm thinking more than keeping it up. Truly my life around me is in a sloppy dissaray.

HOWEVER

I think it's all about mind and heart coming together first before we can manage the physical properly and it could just be that you've been getting your mind and heart in proper order. =)
|
Users who thank pickles4759074058 for this post: Lunette  Lunette 

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2010
Thanks. I'm not too worried about shizo though, mostly just the thought of my brain dying or tumors....
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
Then I would go tell your local doc to set up a cat scan for you to reliever your worries.

When I fell sz that was the first thing that I did. =)
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2010
I'm afraid of what I'll find really.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
I find your post interesting...I will be 73 years old soon...Yet saying this I believe my mind has never been as alert as it is now...I find I know things that I never knew before...I thirst for knowledge that seems at the tip of my tongue...And worst of all I wish I had not wasted all those years when I had so much to give....

Knowledge comes at different times in life...I would suggest you enjoy your life and have fun....Being free with no outward or inner problems sets this special place within you loose....Whatever it is or wherever it came from, I feel blessed....Oh, and I am in the midst of watching Avatar...My husband is watching it for the scenery....I am watching it for a different reason....Take care...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply