Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Fearful anorexia will turn to binging.

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hi im a recovering anorexic and ive been in treatment for about five weeks. My treatment consisted of not excersising and eating a healthy amount again. Both have been difficult in their own ways. I cant stand not excersising, and eating still scares me. Food seems extra shiny to me latley and i think thats due to the fact that ive been depriving it. But im concered my diet is starting to contain too much "junk" food. I dont think this is really true, but i also find myself wanting very sweet sugary food i wouldnt normally eat. I can control my urges but im also scared that since im trying to gain weight i should just give into them. So if you have any healthy, high calorie meals that you have used they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2011
i have struggled with anorexia in the past and i can relate to you so much. first of all heres a *hug* because i get how freaking hard it is. i was untreated as an anorexic and my body got to the point where it ate for me and i couldnt control it. so i am so glad you are getting treated. just keep on doing your treatment but dont give in, because it quickly becomes a habit thats hard to break. the calories DO NOT matter. i was extremely obsessed with counting them and its caused many problems. the best thing is listening to your body, eat when hungry, stop when full and since your trying to gain to gain weight (yay! Very Happy) throw in healthy snacks maybe an extra meal or so. if you let your body take care of you its less stressful and it will become healthier as you continue to give it what it needs Smile im so glad you have decided to be strong and overcome this to make yourself healthier. it will pay off in the end! I wish you the best of luck!
|

replied November 1st, 2011
dont give in to binge urges*
|

replied November 5th, 2011
I've been recovering from anorexia for nearly 2 years runrun37, so I know how difficult it is and I can tell you that recovering in my opinion is a lot harder than actually living with it, as it's a battle x x it sounds like you have something similar to what i have, which is that i go over and over in my head what I've eaten and some foods in my mind i feel embarrassed about eating, the fact that so many people just categorise a whole load of foods into being 'unhealthy' doesnt help, as for many of us, we need some fat and sugar in our diet to actually BE healthy! x x i recommend that you look at the healthy amounts requred of fat a day reccomended by the government, to reassure yourself that what you're eating is alright, and it's even alright for you to eat more because your aim is to get to a healthy weight x x in terms of meals, do you have an eating plan? i found having an eating plan an easy way to still feel in control of what i'm eating and feel less guilty, so that might be a good option x x healthy but high calorie meals i'd recommend carboyhrate -oreintated meals (carbs should make up 60% of your daily food intake, but if you're an athlete or if you want to put weight on, it should be 80%) such as jacket potatoes with veggie chilli and salad, spaggetti with pesto and parmesan and garlic bread ect. Wink x x hope you found this helpful Smile x x x
|