Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Favourite Child: Do You Have One?

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Here's an interesting article:

Favourite Child

Do you favour one of your children over the other/s? Do you feel you or any of your siblings were particularly singled out as favourite?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
My younger brother was definitely my mother's favorite. She let him do whatever he wanted. I was allowed to do nothing and hardly ever went anywhere. My brother was never at home. And to this day, she still favors him over me. He's 20 years old and she bought him a vehicle, she has give him money left and right. I'm 27 and she has NEVER helped me out with anything. I had to pay my own way through college and pay for everything I needed. I do appreciate things a lot more than my brother does, but a little help paying for college would have been nice.
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know how you feel mamaTT, after crashing two cars, my father bought my older sister yet another one. I have yet to get anything from him. My mother on the other hand, I feel she 'babied' me more (I am the youngest) than her other two daughters. The most she has given me is some diapers for her granddaughter (the only one she sees), but again, it's more than what my dad has done for me.

But as for me, I only have one daughter (5mo), but also a stepson (10). So spoiling her is a lot easier. I think my husband loves her a little more too, only because he's always wanted a daughter, and his son can behave pretty badly at times.
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2008
Experienced User
This is easy! I only have one baby. lol. I can't imagine loving anyone else as much as I love her though.

I was the baby of my family but I was also always pretty well behaved compared to my older sister so she's always gotten more attention because of that. My brothers were a lot older than us so they were treated differently because of their age. I think my mom brought us up pretty fairly though. My sister has gotten and taken a lot more from my mother than I have but that's only because I've taken care of myself better and she had a daughter long before I did. If it weren't for her daughter, I'm sure my mom would have told her to stuff it a long time ago.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think that one of my children made it much easier to be close to her. I sort of had to teach my second child how to be loving and snuggly. It just did not come naturally to her as it did for my first child. It took me longer to develop a closeness with my second child as well. Now that we have gotten close, though, I love them equally.
|
Quick Reply