Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Fatty Liver and Painful Pimples on my jaw

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
Hello back in Nov. 2006 I was told that my gallbladder was only working @ 11%. So March 2007 I had my gallbladder removed. I was taking the Nuva Ring and I think some type of pain medicine after the surgery. In April my incisions became very infected and then healed. May of 2007 I ended up in the Hospital with upper right abdominal pains that went into my right shoulder and up in between my breasts. I was vomiting, sweating, and also going to the bathroom all at once because I was in so much pain. The Drs at the Hospital finally got me with a needle on the 7th poke b/c I was also so dehydrated and didn't even know it. Anyways, the dr who was on duty diagnosed me with my liver enzymes elevated and I do believe Hepatitis, although It was foggy to my memory whether they told me what type of Hepatitis it was. I'm thinking A possibly! I had to go back 2 weeks later and get tested again for elevated enzymes in which the Dr told me that my liver was fine. Nov 2007, Jan 2009, and just last week I have continued to still get these pains. Within the last two weeks every morning in am waking up and needing to eat immediately and get a water. To help soothe my liver pains. BTW...last summer of 2010 I was diagnosed with a fatty liver and had an ultrasound to tell me whether or not that I have ever had Hepatitis. The results came back and they said that I did not have any scarring of the liver what-so-ever. So now my new Dr. that has found the fatty liver 3 weeks ago took 5 tubes of blood because we had MRSA going around, luckily mine was gone! But she told me that she looked over my test results and that people would love to have my blood, b/c the only thing that she could see was wrong with me was that I was somewhat Vitamin D deficient and my good cholesterol was low but my bad was I think she said 118. She said all but my good cholesterol was GREAT. Then she had 6 more tubes of blood drawn...I'm guessing to see if there is a History of Hepatitis. I'm so worn out and it has been 4 years and I still to this day do not know why I ever had to have my gallbladder taken out and why I have a fatty liver and why it hurts so bad. They have also told me that I have psoratic arthritis, IBS, narcolepsy, and recently have had an ablasion and was told that my uterus may have microscopic endometriosis because my uterus is also fatty. Other than that back in 2006 I had strep 6 times and like 3 more in 2007 and 2 times in 2010. But really my main concern lies within my liver and the fact that I have in the past year been getting this awful acne under my jaw that wont go away and it has like this burning sensation when aggravated it makes my face get really hot, not to the touch but just like and afterburn feeling especially after I was my face. I have noticed that when I get strep my face will get like that and I was wondering if the fatty liver could be causing the strep and acne. I am so confused by all of this and its about time for someone to be putting this puzzle together for me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

First of all, please keep in mind that due to the lack of complete medical history and lack of physical examination, specific diagnosis of your issues cannot be provided. The information provided is only for educational purposes, and should not be considered as your medical diagnosis.

Fatty liver, is a condition where fat is deposited (steatosis) in the liver cells.

The most common causes of fatty liver is Alcohol abuse. Other causes include - obesity, hepatitis, metabolic diseases like diabetes, and some medications.

The condition is benign and reversible by following a lifestyle and dietary changes and specific treatment of the underlying cause - Eg stopping alcohol, proper control of diabetes, physical exercise and gradual weight reduction, etc.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.