Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Fatigue From Anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Does anyone ever get so tired from feeling anxious? I know it has to be from Anxiety.
I was so fatigued that I went and had blood work,urine test,blood pressure and ekg done.
All seemed fine. I even test my blood sugar.
It can hit me out of no where. I feel this tired feeling when I know I have to go out or if I feel stressed.
It's got to be a symptom of my anxiety. I know depression can make you feel tired.
I feel like i need a nap or a foggy feeling in my head. Does anyone ever feel like this out of no where?
I was thinking I had a very bad health issue but now I'm not sure. Makes me afraid to go out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Macrijs711, feeling tired after an anxiety or panic attack is normal. It's just a normal reaction your body does since stress and anxiety does put work on your body, and makes you feel alot of symptoms with it. I experience it almost everyday, that's why I'm on an anti-anxiety med. Your doctor can prescribe it to you, and there are deep breathing and relaxation techniques that can help with your anxiety as well. Take care!
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2012
Hi AMowns. Happy Easter. I noticed when I get these feelings I can make them go away alot by going for a walk. Listening to music while exercising does the trick.
I felt woozy this morning just thinking about going over a friends home for Ester dinner.
It seems like every little thing gives me stress. I don't know why. I was never like this 4 years ago.

I worry all the time and don't know why.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
Experienced User
I understand, and it is annoying. Unfortunately, it's part of my disorder, bipolar, which also causes me to have panic/ anxiety disorder as well. You should definitely see a doctor or therapist about your stress and anxiety. You can learn coping skills, and relaxing techniques.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Hi there! It's weird feeling all those things but lab results can't point out the reason. I guess it's a psychological thing you have right there. I also feel stressed out all the time with the kind of work I have. As a result, I feel different kinds of back pain frequently. I buy Norco to cure them all. It's effective but I'm not sure if it'll work the same for you.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Shannon,
I have anxiety and that happens to me all the time. Recently I tried energy drinks and they seem to work somewhat but they also make my heart beat fast and that's annoying!!
|

replied April 24th, 2012
Hi! I know exactly what you are going through. I have extreme fatigue from my anxiety. I usually wake up with it and it gets a little better through the day but it is always there. It is just another one of the symptoms of anxiety. It is crazy what anxiety can do to your body.
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Tips
I also deal with this problem. I have bipolar disorder and anxiety runs in my family on both sides. I do not take any medications for depression or mood stabilizers, I only take a small dose of xanex. I have migraine headaches, weakness, get sick at the drop of a hat and I constantly worry. I have found that exercise, time outdoors, small amount of xanex, regular sleep hours, staying away from excess caffeine, vitamin b12, fish oil, and eating a very healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and fish helps. Soaking in Epsom salts and occasional massages are nice too. It's great if you can see a therapist or just talk to a friend but give yourself limits on how long you will worry over something and talk about problems. Another thing that works for me with social anxiety is keeping a balance on getting out of the house and reserving one particular day where making plans with others is off limits. I also found peace in spirituality and prayer, my music and doing things I love to do. I hope you find ease in your life and you feel better soon.
|