Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Fatigue and chest discomfort

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I am 31 and for the past month and a half ive been feeling really tired along with on and off chest discomfort and sometimes I even feel as if my heart skipped a beat. Ive done all sorts of tests and everything comes back normal. When i wake up in the morning I am more tired than the night before. I have two kids and keeping up with them is really difficult. Anxiety is what I'm told I have but it feels more than that. What could this be? Can anybody help? Could this really be only anxiety?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Did they give you anything for the anxiety? Have you had anxiety issues before? Is there something specific that could have brought this on? Have you tried relaxation techniques?

Are you sleeping normally? Do you have any insomnia? Is it possible you have a sleep disorder?

Did they do a thyroid test (TSH) and did it come back normal, as well? Did they do any tests on your heart? Like an EKG or have you wear a heart monitor for 24 hours?

Do you have any other symptoms? Shortness of breath, pain, dizziness, headache, nausea, anything? Is it possible you are pregnant?
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Thanks MyrahU for your reply
For the anxiety I am taking 5HTP. I was given an anti depressant but had side effects so I decided I want to go with something that doesnt have as many side effects. I am also taking clonazepam 5mg before I go to bed.

I have done blood work, thyroid as well, 3 EKGs, a stress echo and a holter everything came back normal.

For this reason I dont know what else to do. I try to forget it but its not easy because that sensation in my chest is always there.
|

replied September 1st, 2011
I am having the exact same symptoms that you posted about. I am a 27 year old female. All of my tests have come back normal which is so frustrating because I can feel that something is just not right. Did you ever get to the bottom of your symptoms or find any treatments that work for you? Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Do the pills make the sensation go away? Are there times when it's gone on it's own or is it always there? What makes it better or worse?

I think one of the more problematic things is your waking up more tired than you were before. Does taking the clonazepam help that or make it worse?

If it is stress that is causing the chest sensation, relaxation techniques are probably your best long-term solution (since the anti-anxiety meds can make you groggy). When you feel it, try deep breathing. Feel yourself relax all over. Focus on the feeling in your chest and as you breathe, feel it fade away. If it's something you can feel, it's something you can start to take some control over. It's like biofeedback, but without the equipment. Give it a try.

Good luck. If your tiredness doesn't get better, I would still pursue a diagnosis or treatment for that.
|

replied September 4th, 2009
Chest Pain
Do you have heart burn or joint hurting like in your hand or feet? If you have heart burn try going to GI doc. It you are having joint pain then try going to arthrist doc. Also you might need to see a heart doc to do a stress test for your heart. Good luck.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
if you cant figue it out its dangerous for people to assume it a mental problem, such a copout.

plenty of weird things out that, have you been bitten by a tick lately?
|

replied July 28th, 2011
i have mitral valve prolapse and what you described sounds alot like it i am tired alot i have chest pains sometimes my heart feels like its skipping beats. and shortness of breath sometimes when lying down. this is not serious and usually doesnt come wit symptoms but if you have symptoms it could be more serious.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
pain pain
im a 24 year old male, i have this pain for years and also every medical test is normal eaven if the pain is so bad sometimes, i think that the pain it has to go by itself if not it just wont, its some affection that you just have to take the pain Sad sick and tired of it
|

replied January 5th, 2012
Vitamins for the Heart
You may want to start taking Fish Oil pills every day or Fish Oil in a liquid form (thats what I do). And take a daily multi-vitamin or you may just be lacking one certain vitamin your body needs. Good vitamins essential in heart health are some like Folic acid, B12, and B6, among others.

When I try to figure out things like this with myself when doctors can't, I try to look at the basics, what the body naturally needs and may be lacking. These days with all the processed foods we eat, our bodies get deprived of so much that is needed for our bodies to work correctly.
|

replied May 24th, 2012
Chest or heart pain?
I'm an 18 year old male who has those kind of things happening to me especially at night, please help me, it occurs randomly
|

replied June 28th, 2013
Something that might help
I was having what felt like a heart attack: chest pressure and pain, heartburn, stomach aches, sudden fatigue - it felt awful and I feared I had a true heart issue. After a stress test, heart harness, an echo cardiogram, and blood work, it came down to a B12 and D3 deficiency. After a week on these two vitamins I felt better and the symptoms did not return, until I ran out of D3 two weeks ago and neglected to purchase more. If you are able to, purchase D3 and B12, you really cannot have too much of it, and it can't hurt anything.
|

replied January 22nd, 2014
Any solutions/

(30 year old male) I have the same symptoms chest pain, pressure in the chest and fallowed with a wave of fatigue for 3 years. Done many studies and I don’t have a family history of heart issues. Don’t know if is Anxiety!

EKG's - Normal
Stress ECHO - Normal
Holter monitor - Normal
Endoscopy - Normal
Labs and Thyroid - Norma

Now I’m going to check my lungs with a pulmonologist and keep on checking until I find the issue and cure.

I’m going to try the vitamins B12, B6, D3, Fish oil and Omega 3s. Hopefully the vitamins help.
|

replied January 28th, 2014
Chest pain
I don't know if this is related but I have had very bad Chest pains to the right of my chest which sometimes goes to the centre of my chest, I feel faint and nauseas and when i wake up it fells like I haven't slept at all since the beginning of Christmas 2013. I have been to the Doctors quiet a few times!
The first time I went the Doctor said that it was muscular pain and said that it was due to anxiety and gave me some tablets. I took these tablets and didn't work so I then went back after Christmas and he then said that I have asthma and gave me a BLUE and BROWN inhaler these have proven in effective. I then took myself to A&E where they did an ECG and everything came back normal. I have been back to the doctors since and he has prescribed me antibiotics and naproxen, the antibiotic worked for a while and then the pain has come back even stronger. I have now been booked for a X-ray tomorrow to see if they is anything underlying problem.

Can anyone help me as i think my Doctor is kind of useless
|