Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Fast heartbeat and shortness of breath

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
Ok im 17 and in the past every now and then i wud just be sittin in my bed watchin tv or something and i would get shortness of breath and have to sit up and take a couple deep breaths and it would go away and happen every so often....the other day i got up to take a shower to get ready 4 work and my heart would speed up and slow down constantly, deep breaths didnt help, and i also felt like i was going to pass out, i just felt sick and after about 20 to 30 mins it went away and just now the same thing happened except i dont feel like passing out but my heart is beating faster and i cant breathe normally...any idea wuts up with that?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2008
Community Volunteer (online)
It sounds like a possible heart Arrhythmia. You should probably talk to your doctor about it. Noticeable signs and symptoms don't always indicate a serious problem. Some people who feel arrhythmias don't have a serious problem, while others who have life-threatening arrhythmias have no symptoms at all. Shortness of breath is definitely one of the symptoms.

Here is a great website about Arrhythmias. I hope it's helpful: http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/heart-arrh ythmias/DS00290/DSECTION=all&METHOD=pr int
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2008
k thanx for the info the symptoms seem lyk what i have been experiencing...
|