Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

fast digestion/undigested food

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
i have constant fast digestion. no pain. no discomfort. no blood. my stool is not runny and it is not overly hard. i will pass a lot of foods whole or undigested. peas, corn, carrots, spinach, cilantro, just to name a few i have 'tested'. i am 6'2" and i am 175 lbs. although in recent years i have fluctuated between 160-175. i do not have allergies and i do not get heart burn or stomach aches or gas. food usually passes in the 4-6 hour mark. but over time i have trained my system to go 2 times per day. sometimes after eating i will feel drained of energy though. and it may also be useful to know that i drink almost 4 liters of milk per day. please, any information you have would be great. thank you so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dippitydoo
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum.

From the history provided it seems that you seem to have a gastrocolic reflex, which induces fast peristaltic movements that cause bowel movements as soon as you ingest anything.

This is a benign issue, that does cause a lot of discomfort.

You might benefit by consulting a gastroenterologist, for prescription of medications that help reduce the intestinal motility. This might help to reduce the bowel frequency as well as discomfort associated with them.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.