Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Falling out of bed

User Profile
In the past six months I have began to fall out of bed. Last night it happened again, making it my 6th or 7th time, it usually happens around 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. and my bed is high so it is a long way down. I don't realize it until I hit the floor. At first I didn't think to much of it nor did my husband. But last night it was a very hard fall and my neck, back and tailbone hurt as well as where I hit the nightstand with my leg. I have always been the weird one who sleeps at the wrong end of the bed but in the 23 years I have been married I never fell out of bed until recently. I would say it was the dogs (3 beagles) but they sleep with us every night and have for years. Please help me and give me an idea or ideas of why I keep falling out of bed. I will be checking with my primary Doctor but she is vacation until May . Again, Please help me and my min state of why this could be happening. Thank you for taking your time to read this and hope to hear from someone soon.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper crazyhorse1970
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2008
Sleep Disorders Answer A3941
I suppose that you are very unsteady while sleeping so, while doing those movements, you fall from the bed. Can you ask your husband to observe you while sleeping so that you can figure out how that falling from the bed happens?

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.